Ph low … and a this normal

Just feed my plants… pre ph test 6.5 after feeding 4.5. I’m a newbie is this normal.
Just did it so I we’ll test again

1 Like

It is normal for nutrients to lower the ph level. You should though adjust your ph after adding in your nutrients.

1 Like

What soil? I had issues ( along with many many many many many others) with happy frog and oceans farm. You will need to supply more information to accurately figure it out. What kind of PH tester and many other things. I’m sure someone else will chime in

1 Like

You could use some Dolomite to amend your soil. Will help stabilize you mr acidic soil and bolster calcium and magnesium too.
Down to Earth Organic Prilled Dolomite Lime, 5 lb
https://a.co/d/flefNTI

1 Like

How much of this do you use in a 5gal pot ?

Hey @MrRobot my calculation comes up to 1.6 tablespoons using the product mentioned above.
From the application rate for 5.5 pH is 10 cups per 100 square foot. By converting to tbsp at 16 tablespoons per cup (10 x 16 = 160tbsp). For your container I’d estimate you have 1 square foot that needs coverage. Converting to application tablespoons I came up with (1/100 of 160) or 1.6 tablespoons per square foot.

@LateNightGardner does it really work?

1 Like

That’s what I’ve read on this forum.
I’m an indoor hydroponic DWC gardener and use a product for that type of system. It’s a strong Base that raises pH.

You can also use the product I use called pH up from General Hydroponics.

There are a number of strong bases that will raise pH but, select a strong base that raise pH but also uses components that are beneficial for growing plants.

You can just mix baking soda with your water after you mix nutrients it will bring your PH back up.

2 Likes

I already Ph the water but the runoff comes in lower then i want no matter what it goes in at… so going to give the lime a shot

I have the same problem and this is my first grow. I used Foxfarm soil (1/4 Ocean and 3/4 Happy Frog. My PH going in is 6.9 and coming out is between 5.5 and 5.8. My plants are almost 4 months old but I just got a Apera PH 20 PH tester and recently started using it. My pants look healthy but could they be better without this problem. I took some Happy frog soil straight out of bag and watered with PH of 6.5 and the runoff came out reading 5.7. My plants are beginning to flower. Should I be concerned?

@Coco27 I checked mine after water and it was below the scale. I have one plant that is obviously doing better even though both are in the same soil mix getting the same water and nutrient mix. I am using Kellogg Organic potting soil mixed with some miracle grow seedling soil and Happy Frog Fruit and Flower fertilizer. I add two capfulls of Happy Frog worm castings in a gallon every other water giving equal parts to each lady. I am afraid to change what I am doing for fear of screwing up the one that is starting to stretch out.

That’s my go to.