Ph levels in DWC

So I’m growing in DWC and just replaced my reservoirs water 3 days ago, mixing in nutes and ph’ed to the correct range. Now, 3 days later, the ph level is 7-8. From what i understand this means my girls are eating up the nutes, but should i correct the ph level with some ph down? Let it ride? Add pure water? What are yalls thoughts?

Thanks!

You need to keep PH in range 5.3 to 5.8 over the course of the rez. It’s normal for PH to rise in solution. A larger standing rez will reduce this phenomenon.

If doing DWC in a bucket you are going to be fighting PH issues through the whole grow.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! So I’ll correct the ph. I suppose that’s the benefit of rdwc. Thanks for your response, it’s hard to find info and advice on specific and niche topics.

This is exactly how along with following others’ journals. You can use the @ sign to tag any of us. If you’d like to make this your journal just tell me and I’ll move it to the journal section.

You can increase your standing rez capacity by using a large yellow-topped tote: it’s almost ideal. Cut the right sized hole in the lid and drop your net pot in. I’ve used 29 gallon which sets the tote up with around 20 gallons. This also helps maintain correct distance from the bottom of the net pot: 1 1/2 to 2". Use lots of air, some kind of beneficial microbe like Hydroguard and you might be happier.

How about a pic of your setup and particulars? In fact, copy and paste this into a response so we all know what’s up with your situation?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes