Ph levels good, bad , indifferent

My plants look very healthy by PH has been stuck at 6.8-7 , should I stay on track or should I try to lower it …

1 Like

Welcome to ilgm @Fasteddie your plants look good as far as I can see but a pic under natural light or white light would be better.

So what has a pH of 6.8-7 ?

Ok I will check it tonight, n take a picture with reg light thanks

I had my last grow PhD exactly the same as yours and had no issues

Starting week7 today, about18-20 inches tall, also have 5 plants 3 weeks behind them 10"tall hoping to flower them at the same time.

@Fasteddie

Welcome to ILGM

Leave it alone the ph. if their love’n it then don’t brake it

Wil

4 Likes

Ok full steam ahead.thanks

1 Like

In my opinion the type of water you using can be a difference also as for as pH. Reverse Osmosis water has no trace contaminates, but tap water, rain water, and distilled water can have different affects when it comes to pH from what I learned .

3 Likes

@Yoshi, Excelent answer.:grin::wink:

Hammer

3 Likes

What is the general consensus about using LED lighting

1 Like

@Fasteddie A lot of people use them including myself they are a lot cooler than a HP light or any other for that matter you can actually touch the light without it burning you so you have less risk of burning your plants but it still will burn your plants if you get too close Last August was my first time ever growing indoors using LED it’s the next best thing to the sun as far as I’m concerned because I was an outdoor grower but I’ve been very happy with i have been able to produce with my LEDs and the cost is low which is also a plus I’m running three 300 W LEDs and one 600 W LED and I pay less than $40 a month to run all of them

3 Likes

I am sold to LED lights too and has said @Hogmaster , it’s the closest thing to the real sun spectrum you will found and it’s not true anymore that they cost a lot more to aquirering , you can find a very good one for under 200$

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice I’ve been using LED since the beginning and I seem to be having good luck thanks to all

1 Like

First, Welcome to ILGM. Always good to see a new Journal. You will get good help with growing problems here

Agree with @garrigan62 to let the pH go where it is. When the plants start showing stress, I would worry about it then.

LED is the best as far as I am concerned. It gives good results and the heat as well as the electric bill are minimal. My nugs from my last Super Silver Haze were awesome.

How many watts would I need for a 36x5.5 x6.5grow room LED

I have 1000watt LED, 2-300 watt LED 1-600 watt LED and plant are ready to flower. Had 2-300 and a 600 on them in veg state. Any advice is much welcome thanks. how much light is too much is my question ?

1 Like

@Fasteddie are we talking 36 inches x 5.5 feet x 6.5 feet?

@Niala among others can help you with the wattage requirements for your grow, but you need to clarify the dimensions for us!

2 Likes

By assuming that it’s a 36" or 3’6" (6 inch difference is not enough to take it in consideration) you need a minimum of 675W, so, your good with what you have, and in my opinion, you cannot have too much light if you can keep them at a reasonnable distance from the canopy , in your case, it’s a question of light penetration and the more you have the better it is , so keep your 600W in the middle with your two 300W in the side for maximum light coverage and penetration.

Hoping that’s helping you @Fasteddie

~Al :v: :innocent:

(Thanks for the tag @bob31 :grinning::innocent:)

1 Like

Yes that’s correct, 36"d 65"w 74" tall.I have 5 strawberry :strawberry: kush inside now flowering nicely, just wanted to know if to much light is a bad thing since that are flowering.

3 Likes