Welcome to the community to @Kepi1917

You pH in soil should be around 5.8 to 6.5
So you plants can eat nutrients

For low you pH you just should add some drops of any acid citrus
Lime or vinegar
I used vinegar

Happy growingšŸ¤˜

1 Like

Hereā€™s that ph meter that you can use to measure soil ph.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GXFT2XQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_B8M1M4H7H0E2AZHHV10G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

awesome, I appreciate that, I added it to my wish list.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently in a holding pattern on spending more money on equipment. But I grow in soil and definitely want one also. Generally I donā€™t have issues with ph, but it would definitely be better to measure soil directly rather than doing a slurry.

3 Likes

@BudzMS tips: used a glass or any cup get some soil from you pot, fill the cup with tap water and test with you pH meter

1 Like

I agree, no slurry test would be sweet as I am a soil grower alsoā€¦ its funny one day we will have all the equipment we need and then something new will come out.

1 Like

@Mefis top soil right? Iā€™m always curious whats going on further down and maybe this meter can tell me with out taking a chance of hurting the roots.

1 Like

@BudzMS yes just little amount of top of you soil and went you test the water pH thatā€™s the pH that you plant had

1 Like

Just for future reference. The ph of distilled water taken with consumer ph pens is not reliable. Solutions need a certain amount dissolved solids in it in order for the pen to read the electrical charge of the solids. The ppm (parts per million) needs to be over 100 to get an accurate reading.
I found this out by trying to ph some rain water. It had only 10 ppm and the readings changed every time I tried. I finally posed the question to the forum as to what was happening.

I donā€™t know what lights you have. But, when cannabis is flowering it needs a lot of light to fully develop its flowers. I suspect if you can have a light as close as 6" to a seedling, it will be inadequate later on. There are 100s of posts about lights on this forum. Read a few and you will learn a lot.
Good luck I understand you want to grow something that will help your daughter.

4 Likes

Hi i would change ur soil miracle-gro soil isnt good for cannabis i would look at ph promix or happy frog mixed with ocean Forest soil

2 Likes

Destilled water is not 7.0

1 Like

I would transplant in a soil that is friendly for cannabis. Also the adjust ph, you need
ph UP and ph DOWN. Amazon carries both. Happy growing forward.

1 Like

Thanks. I have never been accused of not asking for help. I appreciate the offer of assistance.

Mike

1 Like

Sadly, in the part of Virginia I live in my choices are. Pretty limited particularly in the dead of winter. Next time I will find better soil.

Mike

2 Likes

Thanks, I would never have thought of that.

Vinegar it is.

Mike

1 Like

Thanks, I will definitely give it a look.

Mike

I have used MG potting soil for 10 years and it works but is not optimal. The Nitrogen load is usually too high for this type of plant and will easily burn it. It definitely does not work with autoflower, since it has beads of high N fert which will kill AF pronto in my short experience with Autos in coir pith. Auto seeds require a lot of care - more so than regulars.
If using the MG potting soil, you definitely donā€™t need to supplement with much additional. Most fertilizers seem to be way too much for these plants to start with.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to write. What type of soil/bedding do you use?

Mike

Blue lab makes a nice soil PH meter :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I would suggest for future grows in MG to flush the medium several times to lessen the release of those nutrients. Catch a run off sample on your last rinse, beats the alternative of dropping beans and sprouts in a super hot mix :love_you_gesture:

1 Like