PH level and how to change

new guy. I just got my ph meter and the meter says my soil is off the chart alkaline. My plants are three weeks old and in varying stages of success. What is a good ph level for weed and what is the quickest , easiest, and most realistic way of getting the soil to the correct ph?

Thanks, Mike

please fill this out to help you out better

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

Yeah, I was looking for that template. In soil I believe your range should be between 6.0 and 7.0 pH. Your girls absorb different nutrients at their roots better at different levels, but 6.5 pH is usually the sweet spot. Good luck.

4 Likes

What kind of soil are you using?

2 Likes

6.5 is definitely where u want ur pH level if ur in soil. I would just make sure u pH any water or food ur gonna give her at 6.5, eventually it’ll get there

1 Like

What type of meter are we talking about. Most meters doesn’t measure soil ph.

6 Likes

@KnUcKLzBcHuBBy, just search support ticket on the forum and it will come up

@BudzMS :+1:t3:Good looking out

1 Like

my first question is what meter do you have to test PH?

edit @Bulldognuts just seen you asked that lol

3 Likes

I recently seen a meter that’s designed to measure ph in soil. One that actually works, but when I saw question talking about ph level in soil I had a suspicion that maybe this was one of the cheaper soil probes.

2 Likes

Most soils needs a ph of 6.5 So Always ph water going in to 6.5 You need a Actual ph meter, not a probe style that doesn’t have a digital readout.

Okay, here goes. Pardon my ignorance . I have never grown a living plant.

1. Indoor grow.
  2. Off the top of my head I don’t remember the name of the company.
    3.Autofem
  3. Simple tap water- the meter reads it at 8.0
  4. my feed solution… is 8.0. I don’t know what TDS/EC is.
    6.Soil.
  5. 20-20-20
    8.Grow LED…4, one for each plant. 6" distance, no heat.
  6. Temp just adjusted to 70.0,
  7. RH is 50-53
  8. Humidifier
  9. Yes, 4"
  10. Don’t understand CO2 I know what CO2 is just not in this relationship.
  11. This is my first grow. I have four plant, all will be three weeks old tomorrow. One is 6" tall, one is 5" and the other two are about 3". Other than some slight leaf browning on two of they, they seem…okay.
  12. As inexpensive as possible but I do want success. I have to plans to mass grow, this is to help my daughter keep her prescription weed costs down.
  13. Next grow may be hydro.
2 Likes

I am beginning to suspect that my meter is the culprit. I just measured my bottle of distilled water which measures 8.0

Mike

1 Like

Potting soil, Miracle Grow, feeding with 20-20-20.

No need for apologies, we are all here to help. I realize it’s easy to get overwhelmed, when you have 4 people answering your question and also asking you questions. :+1: I just wanted to say that ph is important growing cannabis so when you get a chance let us know what type of meter you have.

2 Likes

I shall go looking for one. Thanks.

2 Likes

I think my meter may be suspect.

1 Like

I do not believe miracle grow is cannabis friendly. asking questions is getting knowledge, never feel afraid to ask questions, this is what this place is for and this community is amazing

3 Likes

OK I’m sure I’m not going to be the only one, miracle gro can be problematic for cannabis. Time released nutrients will cause your plants to get nutrients when they don’t need them.

2 Likes

It can also cause ph swings, also not good.

3 Likes