PH issues with plant

Okay first off this baby is 47 days old. Two waterings ago I added nutes which she has taken great. But my problem is I cannot for the love of god get my ph normal on runoff…Ph runoff is 5.0 range my nutes in water come out my normal reading 6-7. This last water I flushed with a runoff of 5.0 range again. What am I doing wrong? I’m beyond frustrated with it. Also is this decent meters? Thanks!
Picture just because :yum:

1 Like

What size container is that? 5 gallon bucket?

Yes 5 gallon pot. It has room at the bottom for runoff.

I’m not sure on the PH swings, I would be more likely to question the ph meter, before I did the soil. Soil is typically more stable, and you would typically see more swings in hydro.

2 Likes

Welcome I would start by getting me a clean fresh bottle of pH 7 solution and verify my pH meter just to be sure I’m getting correct readings. Verify a couple of times to make sure it repeats itself.

3 Likes

I’m in Happy frog soil since 5/14. I’m only using my pH tester that came with my pH up and down kit. I’m looking to purchase for soil tester currently. Even before I gave any nutes my PH was low. Still the same since the feed in 5/31.

1 Like

I think your plant looks good ! If you’re looking to purchase a good pH meter I would look at apera or blue lab both make a good quality meter for what you need. You can use either one of these meters for a good pH check when you do your run off.

1 Like

Can those be used for PPM as well? Thank you for quick response. I think it looks pretty good. I will definitely purchase today. I will stop back once I get it and test.

1 Like

Buy a good quality pH meter and you can get by with a cheaper meter to read PPM. Looks like you already have a TDS meter . Personally I’m not a fan of the multimeter I have the apera ph60 model which is only a pH meter. The problem with cheap PH meters you’re going to always be chasing the calibration there bad to drift.

1 Like

I currently don’t have any meters. Thanks for advice. :grinning:

1 Like

If you dont have meters how are you measuring ph ?

1 Like

With the liquid drops that came in kit I bought…

Those drops (or strips) aren’t really accurate enough for our use. You do need a good digital PH meter that you can calibrate along with reference solution and storage solution.

Apera makes a decent line of PH meters as do Bluelab.

Do another runoff PH and TDS when you get your new meter before doing anything drastic. If necessary a top dressing of dolomite lime should buffer it somewhat. But wait for good data.

2 Likes

I use blue lab and have no issues. Ph is a big deal! Its equally as big a deal as Lights and water.

2 Likes