PH issues watering ph was off, flush and day after

Yesterday and this morning. Did a flush yesterday. Drain off was 5.9 6.1 & 6.3.
I don’t think they are getting worse no new growth is showing any signs of distress.

2 Likes

Looks good from what I can see from here.

pH should revert to ~6.5 in a good cannabis soil after a flush. Be aware that you also flushed out nutes when you did your flush. They probably need a feeding (depending on your runoff PPM.)

They look young for pH problems. What soil are you using and what are you feeding the plants.

3 Likes

Yeah my ph in my water was off because I was using paper strips, having a problem with my ph meter witch we figured out since then. That’s why we had the issue. Haven’t feed anything yet once they dry out I will feed them it’ll be Four weeks by then they are in FF ocean forest.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to understand how pH got out of whack if they haven’t been fed and you are in FFOF. FFOF is buffered and should be consistent. Are you pHing your water before you water the plant? Do you know the pH of your water?

2 Likes

Yes I have been phing the water adding too much ph down solution. Because I’ve been using paper testing strips because I was struggling to calibrate the ph meters.

2 Likes

Yeah and turns out since I’ve got the ph meter working ( I had to soak it is distilled water for an hour Or 2 for it to finally work) the tap water at my house is 6.9 ph I’ve been using jug water from the store for no reason….

1 Like

6.9 is still a teeeeeeny bit high. Once you mix nutes though, it will drop.

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 @MidwestGuy I think we are three days since I flushed them with tap water. Some of the lower, under branches seem to be dying off any one know why? Some of the new growth in one of them seems a little twisted? Here’s some pics.

1 Like

Blemishes among older leaves are common. So long as you have pH and PPM under control I wouldn’t worry about it. They look fairly healthy.

3 Likes

Did you feed them after the flush?

Edit… Also did you get the ppm and pH numbers after the flush?

2 Likes

No, I haven’t feed them I was going to wait until the soil dried out…

1 Like

How’s that for quick responses from those you tagged? lol.

3 Likes

I just happen to open my browser lol

Awesome lol

1 Like

I keep a window open all day long as I work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you did a minor flush and you’re 4 weeks in, you can feed them. If you are using FF nutes, go in at half strength to see how they do, then bump it up next week to 3/4 or full strength

1 Like

I did get the ph was 5.9 ,6.1, and 6.3. I didn’t get the ppm I’m not even sure how to test for that….

You can get a ppm meter on Amazon for like $15. Really important though. Your plant is probably getting hungry, but after flushing, with no ppm meter, there’s no real way to know how much there is left in the soil for them

2 Likes

They are three weeks old since Monday and I can feed them even while the soil is still wet from the flush?

1 Like

I’ve got a PH/TDS/TEMP meter. What’s TDS?