Ph hydro question

Okay so yeaterday i ran out of ph up and realized you guys can you use just tap water or your water from home and it is always ph up to 7.5 or 8.0… so u dont ever have to buy ph up again right?? Only ph down cause when i ran out and need higher ph i just added normal water and it raised it easily to selected 5.6 in hydro . Soo all you really need is ph down?? Cause ph up you can just use tap water which is 7 or 8 ph normally. Its a little trick i learned if u run out of ph up.

4 Likes

I guess you can do this … but remember you do not know exactly what minerals and other things might be in your tap…

3 Likes

Just kind of curious as to what nutes you’re using? In theory, what you’re saying is correct but I would have ask, why is there a need to raise pH?

And how much water is in your system?
What kind of system is it if you don’t mind sharing?
There are a lot of folks here that will be interested in details. It may help us that are wanting to learn.
Of corse, we like pictures… lol
Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

I know when I use silica,I need up

3 Likes

That’s extremely unusual as silica raises pH in most all systems… a lot. What do you use for nutes @Dave if you don’t mind me asking? :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I get the opposite, silica significantly raises my PH :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I’ll use silica as PH up.
The basic ingredients of pH are potassium carbonate and potassium silicate.

3 Likes

Maxi Series and superthrive. I had to use TPS silica this run. I tend to use Armor SI but they were out.

1 Like