Ph high in coco auto pots

I have 8 plants 3 look the worst would you just flush the lot @Screwauger

Ok and no top feeding had been done since they wer 21 days the start of the auto pots

2 Likes

Learning more here be as elaborate or simple as you want I like to learn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it will hurt to flush the 3 worst. Looking at your photo, nothing strikes me as drastic or real bad (I’m not by any means the expert here at diagnosing leaves).

If it were me, I would not flush all 8. Start with three your concerned about. Once drained, don’t reintroduced them to the same strength nutes they were on (I know this might be a pain in the rear) but start them back on ph water only for a day then half strength nutes from what they were receiving for a day or two before back to par.

I would just half fill a gallon jug from my res and top it off with plain ph water to achieve the 1/2 strength vs losing a res (but I learned this the hard way).

Bottom line, go easy as in my opinion, they don’t look awful and things happen fast in coco with autopots. If something else is going on it will soon show itself hahaha

2 Likes

Did you rinse this coco/perlite before planting?

Did you precharge/presoak it with ph’d water or any nutes, cal/mag?

I’m mostly new to coco (2 grows) but I read there are huge inconsistencies in the salt content in packaged coco (especially the non brick or bagged coco’s).

All coco, hydroton and perlite should be rinsed copiously with ph balanced water and often, hydroton soaked 24+ hrs in 5.8 water.

Just thoughts and info for now or later.

2 Likes

No I rinsed nothing :persevere::persevere: @Screwauger and I’ve used cal mag just 20 ml in 60 litres that the others ate still feeding on now I was just reading something abt rinsing before use aswel I could kick myself haha

1 Like

I would add that in general ph soil probes are worthless. This will inevitably lead to problems.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I flushed the shit out the worst 2 runoff 6.2 probe meter 7 plus I think my safest bet is flush them all and start agen do you think guys

1 Like

I’d do what @Screwauger suggested.

I would also suggest picking up a good digital ph meter.

3 Likes

Don’t be too hard on yourself very few things go exactly as planned

2 Likes

I’ve just phd my res it’s saying 6.2 I’ve always made it 5.8 in res ???

1 Like

So we should not go much further without more info @Lukey91

What are you using for nutes?
Any airstones or pumps in the res.
Any light penetration into res (possible algae bloom)?

6.2 ph should not be causing much issues, overall. Spikes to 6.7 might but let’s answer these questions and fill out a support ticket (I will paste it in another post).

To create a grow support ticket we need some basic information to help diagnose the issue.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

We know some of this but lets see what you got going on.

1 Like

No air or pumps and shudnt be not light getting in at

1 Like

Strain; Type, Bag seed, super cheese fem
or NA Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Coco
System type? Auto pots
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.2
What is strength of nutrient mix? Dutch pro ec 0.8
EC, or TDS Indoor or Outdoor Light system, size? 2 600 watt mh bulbs 2.4 x 1.2 tent 8 pots
Temps; Day, Night Humidity; Day, Night 25 day 20 night 40% .50% humidity
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size AC, Humidifier, yes 6 inch exhaust 4 inch inlet
De-humidifier, Co2; Yes, No none

1 Like

Cool. Thanks.

My grow last summer in the basement found my res ph fluctuating and I routinely adjusted ph in the res.

I do not trust your ph tester, no offense, so looking at your plants I don’t think we should over-react with too many adjustments as it is more likely than not, you are not getting accurate ph readings.

Lets focus on the res and the tray, forget the ph of the coco. Most of the action in an autopot grow happens from the tray up to about 6 inches above the tray. Your roots and most nutrients action happens near the bottom of the pot so the nutrient solution in the tray is what you generally want to ph test.

I use this as do many on this site. There are less expensive models that will work better than the stick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Thanks @Screwauger I’ve just got one that’s what I will do keep checking both from now and see where we are I will let you know the numbers soon as I check buddy

2 Likes

It’s fine but in the future, if you stick with coco, general rule of thumb is rinse rinse rinse that stuff with ph 5.8 water (even if the bag says rinsed/low salts/etc------>Rinse it.

After that initial rinse, I fill my pots right up to the top and then flush them with ph balanced water (5.8) and cal/mag @ 1ml/L. Let the pots drain for at least 24 hrs before sowing or planting in them.

This will set your pots on the correct path from the start, generally speaking although there are various methods of prepping the autopots out there on the web. This happens to be what I studied and modeled my practice on to start up and had good results (though a fair amount of ups and downs too).

Again, “crispy” or not that plant does not look too bad. More photos if/when you can would be great @Lukey91

3 Likes