Ph high in coco auto pots

Hi my ph in the coco is reading 8 ish I always have a ph of 5.8 in res is ther anything I can do to drop it I my coco

Flush the coco same as soil run correctly ph’d water from top through coco rinsing out any salts or build ups 3-4 times volume of pot then place back into unit. Many times coco has salts and minerals in it from production most rinse their coco several times before using

3 Likes

Thanks @Donaldj If it’s flushed corrected back to the right ph should it not rise agen and keep stable throughout the rest of grow

If the cause was build ups it should be more stable after flushing out any of the salts

1 Like

Thanks @Donaldj I’m just going off a cheap ph soil light and moister tester it’s still showing high on plants I’ve flushed but when put in the water I’m flushing them with its bang on so it’s got to be still high in coco so more flushing is needed I’ve used 7 gallons on 15 litter pot

@Lukey91 I too am a coco grower. I use 7 gallon pots. When I water, it takes about a gallon and a half before I get run off, so to keep my ph where it needs to be, I will ph 4 gallon of water with two of those gallons with my nutes in. I’ll water with the first two gallon of ph water, then pure my two gallon of nute water through and that keeps my ph on point. Plus, with the extra two gallons of plain ph water i ran through first, I believe it kinda helps flush the build up of salts and nutes out. Good luck

Thanks @HornHead im using auto pots this is guner be a ball ache if I Carnt get my ph down and stay down lol

this is worst plant very crispy feel

I know nothing about auto pots. But if you flush with 2-3x of ph water of the size of the pot, like, if growing in a 3gal pot, flush with 6-9 gallon of ph water, you should be able to get your problem under control

1 Like

Thanks @HornHead I’ve flushed 3 times the amount got my run of to 6.2

During veg, I keep my ph right at 5.8. During mid to late flower, I keep my ph at 6. That’s because, the nutrients P and K get used by the plant more with the ph around 6 or a little higher. Now, that’s based on all the graphs I’ve seen on ph and what nutes get used up at different levels

1 Like

Thanks for your help @HornHead :grin:

1 Like

which would be fine for an auto pot

1 Like

@Donaldj are they ok to drop back into trays now or should I let drain a few days I did a test in little jug with ph 5.5 water put few clays pebbles in and coco perlite it whent straight up to ph 7 I will know for next time lol

1 Like

If they mostly drained on it’s own then throw back into system auto pots only bottom water as needed then drainage and airflow at the top should dry it fairly quickly. The perolite could also raise ph some but now the coco is rinsed it should be closer

1 Like

@Screwauger you’re the resident auto-pot king can I get a little assistance with @Lukey91 thread he is new to auto-pots and could use experienced guidance :wink:

1 Like

I did have a run where I had high ph readings in my autopot trays (around the valve).

I don’t have any experience with checking the ph of the coco in the pot.
One of the things about AP’s and the continuous bottom feeding.
You will get “salt” build up in the top 2-3 inches of coco that generally never gets entirely saturated with bottom wicking feeds.
That’s why top watering is discouraged after the plants are established as it tends to wash those built up salts down into the root zone. It’s a no, no unless you need to flush.
Admittedly, flushing is a pain with AP’s.
Haul it out, stick it in a bucket and flush away.
I would let it drain real well for several hours, then clean out your tray, clean your aquavalve (algea can cause ph spikes) and double check you res ph.

Now couple things:
5.8 is ideal for coco but it needn’t be exactly that 5.8-6.2 you should be okay.
Spike ph meters are not preferred. Get a meter or get you the kit with drops but you need to be better able to adjust your ph accurately and the sticks/wands are just not that accurate.

tag me in if you have any questions and I will try to keep an eye on your thread. @Lukey91

2 Likes

@Screwauger Thanks al give u a shout if I get stuck :blush:

2 Likes

Thanx glad you could give a hand I know some but just enough to be dangerous with AP :wink: I try to treat all coco the same so always nice to have second opinion

1 Like

Rereading my post I forgot my most salient point.

If your checking the coco with your stick meter make sure you can get it down near the bottom third of the pot. The top is going to be high ph and high everything but that’s not going to effect the plant unless you are regularly top feeding for some reason. @Lukey91

2 Likes