pH help (continuaton of pH adjusting help thread)

Thanks, Will, that’s great.

1 Like

At this point I’d let them ride @DieHigh55 but next grow get them into bigger pots and they will be a lot happier.

5 Likes

I’m in agreement with Bob @DieHigh55 (Alan). Root bound would explain some of the problems you’ve been having.

1 Like

I agree with both of you…bigger pots it shall be. Thanks for your help, you deserve lots of cool presents under your trees.:clap:

3 Likes

Today, I gave her 5 liters of distilled water followed by 4 liters + 1 tsp. Epsom salts, the pH dropped .1. According to the article you sent, I shouldn’t try to push it more than that at one time, but that’s encouraging. Can I add a tsp of epsom salts with her nutrients or is that only for watering? @garrigan62

1 Like

When u mix your soil up for next time around you can try to mix a little epsom salt right in it. I add a little my soil when i mix it all up.

2 Likes

Just with the watering and stop with the nutrients your just adding more to your problem by adding more nutrients, when you get the ph back in line then you can go back to feeding nutrients but at 1/2 strength

will

5 Likes

I think these guys have you set. One thing I would caution is using too much Epsom salts. They also contain a lot of magnesium, and too much of anything can be just as big of an issue as not enough.

2 Likes

Think so too, everybody has been very helpful and given me lots of ways to deal with this mess up. Very cool! As for now I’m only using the epsom salt as a temperary solution, I ordered a soil rinse like Fox Farms Sledgehammer, which I can’t get here, but it won’t arrive until the end of month probably. And hopefully, if I can get the pH down to around where it should be, I’ll be able to stop using it completely.

1 Like

Where are you from in Chicago?

Well, just outside of what would be considered southwest suburbs. Follow 55 south about 40 miles or so.

Somewhere around Peoria?

Not that far. Close to Joliet.

Was it Jake or Elwood who was in Joliet Prison? I was born in Rogers Park, then…Deerfield, River Forest, back to Rogers Park, Des Plaines, Oak Park, back to River Forest and then, one cold December when I was working on the roof of McCormick Place, I decided I’d had enough and I left the States…"went straight round the corner, and never came back "…except for a few visits.

1 Like

Jake lol.

Hard to blame you, but different places usually just equate to different problems. I’m pretty content with my feet right here where I at least know how things are suppose to work. Not that they do, but that’s a whole different story haha.

1 Like