PH Acheived and Now Plant Very Stressed

My First Thread This thread was getting a little unresponsive so I’ve opened a similar but different one here.

After using ENORMOUS amounts of PH Up, baking soda, and lime I finally got the PH up from 4.5 to 6.2 (tested and confirmed numerous ways). But then almost overnight many of the leaves starting turning yellow (pics), AND the plant does not seem to be drinking much water.

I just trimmed off all yellow and dead leaves in the hopes that somehow the plant will survive. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I am novice grower with only this one plant.

1 Like

Hmm dunno what’s happened

1 Like

Going to need some more information than what is provided. Fill this out as best you can and tag me with the @ sign like this: @PurpNGold74 (got you, C!)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

I am interested in what you used to determine PH and if digital PH meter, when calibrated last.

5 Likes

What kind of meters do you have?

1 Like

Seems your tester might be out of spec. Ph should not be so hard to adjust. To me that looks like lockout. Just me. I used to fight it before living soil. Do not miss that.

1 Like

This should have been the sign something you are doing wasnt right. The only thing that gets used in enormous amounts while growing, is water.

2 Likes

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) - don’t know. plant was given to me about 10 " high.
-Age of plant -roughly 2 months
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF -soil, Coco? I think
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc) - 4 gal plastic . Using this system Grow Box has worked GREAT for tomatoes.
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - PH 6.2 , TDS, have meter but haven’t used it yet, no runoff.
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable- ???
-Method used to measure PH and TDS, PH this meter PH Meter, also 2 other CHEAP ones.
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space, outdoor

If growing Hydro some additional questions: NA

Aways try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

I am interested in what you used to determine PH and if digital PH meter, when calibrated last. cALIBRATED 3 DAYS AGO

2 Likes

What method did you use with the PH up, baking soda if there wasn’t run off? To raise or lower soil PH other than some dolomite lime tilled in an inch or so in the medium, water is used and to run off to test the PH and PPMS :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I couldn’t be a$$ed typing all of that but what @OGIncognito says… BTW bro check my post for updates

1 Like

I have a Apera 20 meter to check pH. You need run off to check. I have a Vivosun and another brand TDS meters for checking PPM aka run off as well.

1 Like

Check the container. There is no runoff. Grow Box This system works fantastic for tomatoes.
Rountinely measure PH with those cheap soil meters. For this problem I bought a real wet bulb meter…slurry was same 4.5 as the cheap ones.

I started raising PH with Bloom PH Up into the 4 gal water reservoir…just teaspoons with no effect. Eventually used entire pint with no change. Dumped prorably about a cup of baking soda and lime onto the top of the soil. Watered it in. Now soil and slurry PH is 6.2.

1 Like

Are you uncertain what the soil / medium is?
Did it come with the Grow Box or did you provide?
Did you use the fertilizer sheet or something else?

Gotcha, raising the reservoir PH would take a lifetime to raise the soil PH. You’ll need to flush the medium with Water. Since it’s that low I would start at around 7 and it’ll probably take 3 times the pot size in water. Test the run off along the way :love_you_gesture:

The soil’s pH will probably be wack because of the lime added. Hard telling where it will end up.

1 Like

Bought soil from local “Cannibis” store. Don’t know what it was (FoxFarm ???) but it was recommended by wacky weed store expert.
Used Grow Box fertilizer…but also some other Fox Farm …may have over done it.

@TPerk100 what water are you using? R/o & distilled are ‘neutral’ in regards to ph so they’ll misread. Sorry for the late arrival…. Hope it’s working out.

City Water. Ph about 7.0

1 Like

That’s a great water source PH, have you checked the TDS? My water is 7.1 and around 40-60 PPMs so I don’t factor the PPMs when mixing nutrients but know I need calcium and magnesium with it this low :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’m newbie. Need to learn about TDS, what it is and what it should be, and how to measure. I have meter. I can research it but maybe you can enlighten me with respect to my specfic situation. Will try to measure today or tomorrow.

1 Like

TDS is total dissolved solids and is measured in EC electrical conductivity or PPMS parts per million. Every liquid or solid has one of these values and with growing cannabis it’s critical to keep these in range along with PH. My 1st grow I went with not knowing the critical importance of these 2 and it showed. Cannabis plants have a value of the PPMs by growth stage. For example I grow in coco and auto pots and start seedlings off at 500 PPMs and a PH of 5.8-5.9. I bump this up 100 on the PPMS each week after the 14 day seedling period to hit 1000 in flower and it stays at that value until the last 2 weeks where I water feed only. Once my plants have 4-5 growth nodes I start feeding to run off and check the PPMs and PH to know what the medium is holding for nutrients. It’s especially important to feed or water to run off to rinse any of the salt and mineral build up in the root zone that has a potential to lock out any nutrient absorption and to know how to adjust your next feeding to maintain those numbers through the grow stages :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes