Peyote Zkittles black trichomes?

I don’t know if it’s Thrips or not.

@pptrsha1

thrips damage would be all over the place. i only had trichomes get dark

1 Like

1 Like

Okay. Yeah mine doesn’t look like that @pptrsha1

Black trichs are just over ripened . After amber when they start to degrade they can turn black

1 Like

mine never saw amber they just went cloudy to dark

1 Like

Haven’t run across blackish trics before.

2 Likes

i have only had 3 harvests and i didnt know what the heck i was looking at

1 Like

So longer I wait it out the more it’s going to degrade? What I don’t understand is that how are they degrading if about 50-60percent trichomes are milky? I did turn lights off for 2 days maybe it’s cause it’s maturing faster since I did that? @Newbe1kenobi

I personally haven’t experienced this before but I’ve come across a few forums talking about it and if I recall some grow channels on YouTube . I believe one was in a high times forum ( you might be able to google it and see if you see anything pops up in high times ) . I’m not sure if there’s any scientific evidence to support it or not , I just recall reading that’s what it was from . If I was in your situation I was just ride it out and not worry too much about it and harvest as scheduled unless you start seeing a lot more . Sorry I don’t have anymore direction

1 Like

@GreenThumb101
Hi
I think they are death star trichomes…
Just sayin :flushed:

1 Like

Over ripening high power light can cause over ripening on a few … thrips poop is much bigger then a single trachoma and is highly visible to naked eye… how long was your whole flower period and did you count from 12 12 flip or after strech

1 Like

I’ll check high times a friend that also grows he hasn’t done peyote Zkittles but did do gorilla Zkittles and he said he never saw that before. I will have to check again to see if it spreads more. I did test a small top and it smoked pretty good but don’t kno if I should go ahead and chop her down or just wait. Tommorow will be her 9th week into flower.

1 plant is acting like its on week 3 or week 4 flower others are turning 10 weeks old Wednesday from 12/12. I had moved the cbd and other peyote Zkittles to reveg in 3x3 tent the Peyote Zkittles one didn’t have any buds developing yet. I think about 1 maybe 2 weeks I’ve noticed stretching but only a little @fano_man