Peyote Zkittles black trichomes?

So I had checked trichomes today seems to be going really good. Needs about another week or two left for the Peyote Zkittles but when I was checking trichomes I came across blackish purplish trichomes. Has anyone came across something like this? Or knows what the cause of it is? Imo I think it’s something to do with ge ethics but could be wrong. Tell me what you guys and girls think. Trichomes amber are about 50 percent by the way just waiting for that 70 percent amber.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @KeystoneCops @Konflict @SKORPION @Skydiver any ideas what’s going on here??

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen them turn black.

3 Likes

i had the same thing happen last grow. i have to go back and look i dont remember if it was blueberry auto or GDP photo! i posted it because i never heard of it before. it smoked fine.

4 Likes

This is the first time it’s happened to me some of bud has purple leaves but that’s due to genetics. But the trichomes is a different story… Is it because of degradation? I mean there day 53 flower and I know there not done yet but close. @dbrn32 @pptrsha1 I’ve checked my Gdp and mine doesn’t show that is what’s weird. I hope it’s not a health issue or sign of stress. All my plants are feminized. Last week when I checked trichomes they weren’t that color. Just 40 percent amber the rest milky/cloudy that looks like snow

2 Likes

i am trying to find it in my journal right now.

2 Likes

Thank you. The trichomes that are black now were orangish amber heads did yours do that? @pptrsha1

2 Likes

Assuming they are trichomes, then they’re probably just extremely ripe. They could be small bugs, but that seems unlikely based on what looks like a withered stalk in one photo.

Photographs can be deceptive, since exposure and white balance are decisions made by photographer or camera software.

1 Like

@KeystoneCops when you mean over ripe I’m assuming degradation? The microscope I use is the handheld one that you can plug into laptop, tablet or phone. I used my phone hooked up to microscope. Let me send a pic to phone I’m using from other phone. I had turned down brightness, turned up contrast and saturation to 25 percent and it shows up more clear. The pics above I didn’t do that.

2 Likes

i found it it was GDP i dont remember seeing amber just crazy dark. i looked it up when i saw it and it talked about plant death

1 Like

i also was getting used to a new light and hadnt figured out everything yet so i thought maybe intensity killed my plant. it was fine.

1 Like

@KeystoneCops @pptrsha1 yeah mine went in its normal trichome stage then soon as amber head hit it went to blackish purple. Basically a little darker than the sugar leaves

1 Like

same here! i chopped it. it was fine.

1 Like

@pptrsha1 I am using hortilux 1000 watt super hps bulb and my ballist is on super lumens switch. Reason I did that so I can push a little more light on plants evenly on tops it did work all dark spaces were now bright. Light stress can cause this you think?

1 Like

i was using an hlg 650r

1 Like

light stress? maybe. i saw my plants hog up the cal mag! i got foxtail for the first time. why not?

1 Like

When you had first start seeing black trichomes did you chop it down that day or waited and did it? Reason for asking is that my trichomes aren’t ready to be chopped down and pistils are still 40 percent white. I wanted to wait a little longer to chop the tops of her down. But if I got too so it doesn’t ruin that plant I’ll do it. @pptrsha1

1 Like

no i waited. i kept watching to see plant death and i didnt see it. i think i waited a week i cut off buds and smoked them since i didnt know what i was looking at

1 Like

I’ll do the same as you did then. I mean the Peyote looks healthy no other sign of stress or anything. Maybe the others I tagged can find out why it’s doing that cause now I’m interested in knowing what caused it. Just for good measures I’ll take a look at my GDP and see if it does the samething. @pptrsha1

1 Like

i would love to know too

1 Like