Pest or Disease

One of my girls seems to be getting worse. I am on the verge of removing it, to prevent spread. Need some advice if I am dealing with a pest problem, or if there is some other cause to fan leave holes and tears.

Type of soil? Watering practices? Nutrients? Temps (day and night)? Humidity? Lighting? Strain? Seed or clones? Are they near a fan that could be causing damage? Looks like a few things going on so a little more info may help diagnosis. Do you have a loupe that you can inspect the top and underneath of the leaves with? I’m not an expert but if you provide some more info, I’ll tag a few people for you.

1 Like

Using Coco Loco. Watering every 2 or 3 days. Weekly average temp is 75.1 average humidity 42. Afgan orange strain, an fan is above, but blows into the co2 sheets.

@Covertgrower can you help?

1 Like

As a precautionary measure,I sprayed them for the 1st time with Neem Oil before the lights went out. I know it is not instant, but hopefully it helps more than hurts anything.

1 Like

Usually holes in the leaves are from getting the plant moved around.
How much is your light turned up?
Looks like a magnesium deficiency.

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower! I was wondering magnesium myself as I dealt with that both of my grows. I just use 1/4 teaspoon per 2 gallons and it seemed to help but not sure on what the dose should really be. @Ghostlee5th did you find critters?

I am running 2 lights, one 1000w quantum board, and a 600w blurple. I am using the dyna gro line for nuts, and I started them on pro-mag last week. When you say moved around, do you mean literally moving them when I take them out the tent for inspection?
My recipe for them is .5 hydrogaurd, .25 silica, .5 grow, and .25 pro-mag. My ph is 6.1 going in an 6.04 coming out.

1 Like

The major difference in that one is the other 3 were placed in a coco coir degradable pot then planted. That one was directly transplanted to 3g pot with no barrier. The ones with pots I water around the pots to encourage the roots to come out, this one in particular started closer to the stem then went more outward

1 Like

I did not see citter movement but saw some stuff that seems like brown dropping and white pellets. I have a new loupe on order cause magnifying glass isnt strong enough.

1 Like

Precisely.

1 Like

:open_mouth:Thank you, I never would have figured that out. Asides not moving them, is there anything I can do to help it recover

1 Like

You said it. Lol

1 Like

1 Like

Just wondering should I attempt to repot this girl. A couple weeks ago I flushed her heavy, because the coco loco was giving me a extreme high runoff. An I am starting to wonder if I flushed all the soil amendments an the nutes are not enough to supply. Please advise if I should transplant to a new pot. New growth is coming but the taco after a few days.

1 Like

Wish I could help abut the re-potting question but I’m not totally sure since I put mine in 5 gals right away after seedling. They look like they could use at least a 5 gal. They were curled down, now they are taco-ing. Taco’ing leaves could be several things (heat/light stress, Cal/Mag, overwatering, etc… I wouldn’t worry about a high runoff… the soil has a lot of amendments. pH in should be more like 6.5 and what you really need to know is the pH at the soil (not necessarily on the runoff). Try to get a sample of the soil around the root and do a slurry test (you can google how to do one).

How far away are your lights and do you have them turned all the way up? What is temp and humidity in the tent?

Lights are around 14" away. Temp average for the week is 79.2 RH 57.1 This past week I added a QB board 1000w light. The other have responded exceptionally well. She hasn’t

1 Like

I removed this fan leaf because of the damage. Is this typical of, pest, disease, or can nutrients burn through leaves like this.