Pest management whats folks using?

I want to be able to stay on top of pest prevention incase it rears its ugly head. Whats everyone using to avoid any issues? Any cheap effective alternatives?

1 Like

Capt Jack’s Deadbug, though neem oil can be used during veg.

6 Likes

What are you using besides captain jacks? Ive heard alot of people say that pest can build up immunity if you dont change it up. Also nematodes and lady bugs are they effective and how tough of a process is that to follow and implement?

2 Likes

If there are no pests to eat, they will leave or die.

1 Like

Jack’s dead bug.
20220625_140132

6 Likes

Roger that makes sense

They will sometimes wonder off anyway like they are lost or have ADD. Aphids, what aphids. Ha

I get way more excited when I see their ugly children. Those guys are like ninja assassins.

1 Like

Tanglefoot sprayed on cardboard :metal:

1 Like

Neoseiulus Fallacis on Amazon

1 Like

My mom always used dawn dish soap and water in a spray bottle. Light on the soap!

also i grow indoors and i did 1 spray of captain jacks and it messed with my nose HARCORE!! i didn’t even get any spray on me and it was bad.

I use diatomaceous earth, both on, in soil and in a spray for leaves.
mosquito bites
ant bate (specifically had ants)
sticky yellow stripes to catch flyers
boric acid mix with sugar and coco nut grease.

1 Like

For gnats

Spider mites

1 Like

Thanks for the item advice.

1 Like

The mosquito bite you got are for ponds and open body’s of water . There is another that are smaller little balls that you should get instead

For gnats i use mosquito bits ( when i remember) lol
Or a mix in a 1 gallon jug - 1/4 milk, 5ml rubbing alcohol & 5 to 10 drops dish soap/castle peppermint soap. Yellow sticky traps, vinegar in a glass, & pure1crop.

2 Likes

I put them in Crown Royal bags, break them up and let that soak in my water container. They last quite a while like this and get the job done.

2 Likes

Ah okay. I like to sprinkle on soil/coco with doing that haha

Trifecta and cinnamon

We use ladybugs and theyre amazing. She bought some ladybug houses and sets out some honey on a lil sponge for them to eat when theres no bugs.

2 Likes

The smaller Mosquito Bits, what I use. Along with diatomaceous earth and yellow sticky traps.

2 Likes