Pest Help with Leaf Pics

1st grow, maybe a week or so from harvest of 2 plants. I have seen a couple of what might be 1/4-1/2" cutworms. Attached pics of my leaves, but not pests. The one pic is a bud leave, not a green worm. Also, I have noticed little black particles (turds?) around some of the buds. Growing in fiber pots in green house. I’m kind of freaking out over this. If I do nothing & harvest next week, will this be OK? Any help will be much appreciated…

1 Like

Those cutworms are likely throughout your flower and you can’t see it. All kinds of bad things happen with these pests.

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Jack-Deadbug16oz/dp/B072M1YM8M/?tag=greenrel-20

Safe to use up to the day of harvest. Won’t harm flower. Very effective (but takes five or six days).

How about an overall shot of the plant or plants? I don’t think you are ready yet.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I took a photo, but it is night here. Trichomes are still clear & pistils are about 50% red. Any advice on how to apply this stuff?

1 Like

If you can Get rid of the pests and give your plants a little more time to ripen and fatten up the buds would be good. Welcome to the community and happy growing.

That’s my plan. I started my H2O2/Captain Jack’s Dead Bug routine this morning as recommended by Myflriendis410. I’

m not sure how long until harvest time. But, I suspect a week or two at the most (Sativa-Super Skunk). At this point, the limbs are so heavy I have had to tie them up to prevent splitting from the main stalk.

3 Likes

I would shoot for a couple of weeks I still see a lot of white. Also I like to use the bamboo sticks to support the limbs when the buds get heavy. Attach with small tie wrap.

1 Like

You are two or three weeks away. Spray 50/50 3% peroxide, wait 24 hours, apply Captain Jack’s and wait five days. Repeat with the peroxide and follow with C.J’s again. Captain Jack’s every five days after that.

3 Likes

solutions recommended are top shelf.

support all the heavy buds…sticks or tape. She is wanting to give you more…but…you have to pamper and help her as much as possible.

She will make you proud…:cowboy_hat_face::vulcan_salute::v:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I can see how easy it would be to rush things. I will take my time & wait. I like using the old towel, torn into thin strips, to hold the limbs around the main trunk. This is my 1st time actually trying to grow anything. If I can keep the evil pests away, my two plants will produce a lot of nice Christmas presents this year.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your advice. I will not rush this. Is the reason for continuing this routine due to the possibility that I might have eggs from these miserable pests?

2 Likes

Exactly. Organic treatments are less effective than say; nuking the plant with DDT but obviously most of us don’t want to consume that stuff. So; using these products requires applying in depth over time to be effective.

1 Like

Can you provide pics on how to hold up branches using bamboo? Too much weight & I have had several branches split. I saw that some people have used raw honey to help seal the splits.

Hey guys, new to this forum. I’m having an issue with very small, long black bugs. They appear to fly but I’m now, at 2 weeks before end of grow, seeing these pests on top as well as under the leaves. Today I found some on the flowers! What the hell? Anyone know what these are and how to eliminate? I’ve used Safers throughout the grow and even tried Neem/Water mix last week. Am I sunk?