Pest help on Gsc extreme

So 3rd grow here. Gsc extreme. Indoor, 2 months since breaking soil. 1 week since 12/12 light. My 1st 2 grows showed the same signs but on a small scale so I ignored it. Seems to be worse this grow. Time for Capt Jacks? I never treated the 1st 2 grows.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Before you apply spinosad (which I would never apply to cannabis I planned on ingesting), it’d be useful to figure out what this is. It looks more pathogenic than insect to me.

Have you tried using sticky traps to survey pests that are present? I like the gridded kind, but any will do.

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts
@Covertgrower
@DivChem

2 Likes

Zoomed of the back of the leaf.

2 Likes

@CoyoteCody

1 Like

Its blurry but looks like you got eggs on the underside of the leaf. Do you have flies/nats flying around if you shake the colas?
Great Van Halen album Btw!!!

3 Likes

Have you seen any insects yet? I would go with keystone and put some sticky traps down and see if you get anything.

2 Likes

Make sure the sticky paper is yellow… Keeping your area clean is critical. Airflow is equally important…

3 Likes

Because if it’s insects, you can treat them with a targeted IMP that doesn’t pose a risk to you, the consumer.

But I’m not convinced this is all caused directly by insects.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. Haven’t really noticed bugs except I have pulled off a couple stink bugs which might account for the eaten leaves. I will pu sticky traps tomorrow. The plants are not in a tent but have their own room.

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience with either insects or pathogens, but the process of elimination works great.

1 Like

With lights on i have a fan blowing air into the room and another fan pointed at the plants for air flow. Maybe keep the fan at the plants going 24/7?

1 Like

When you’re buying the sticky paper, see if you can find tanglefoot too. Wrapped around the stem at the soil line, and also at container lips, it can stop bugs really effectively. Good to have on hand, regardless of whether you need it right now or not.

2 Likes

Where should I place the sticky paper?

1 Like

I buy the catchmaster double-sided cards in 72-packs. They come with a tie to hang, and a peg to stick them into you medium. I’d do both right now; one hanging near your light or a few inches above the canopy, and another sticking out of each planter.

3 Likes

Plants like humans need air 24/7. Depending on your temps, humidity. You need a good breeze over the top and across the bottom enough to move the leafs 24/7…

1 Like

Thanks guys I will give that a go tomorrow. The only difference from 1st 2 grows and this 1 is the fan was turned off. Will keep it going 24/7. Thanks again.

Do you move these plants at all? Could be damage from moving them.
Stink bugs can cause some damage, although I’m not sure how much they like cannabis.

From Wikipedia:
“The nymphs and adults of the brown marmorated stink bug feed on over 100 species of plants, including many agricultural crops,[[4]] and by 2010–11 had become a season-long pest in [orchards] in the Eastern United States.[

No I don’t move them. Except to transplant otherwise they stay put. I have noticed my humidity is really low this go around. 28%.
Just bought insect pads and putting them up.

1 Like

So this what I have after 24 hours. 65x power. Any thoughts?