Pest control before harvest

My girls about 3 weeks from harvest and i have a bug problem
Shoukd i invest in some lady bugs to stop this problem or is there a spray that can be used at this time of the flowering Stage?? I quit using neem oil about 2.5 weeks ago because the flowering and these turds moved in quick!
Please help!

1 Like

I’ve heard captain jacks can be used right up to harvest, but others may have a better suggestion.

3 Likes

@PELINC I can’t really tell when I zoom in but it looks like spider mites. If there’s spider mites you’re in big trouble. You have to catch them early and quarantine the plant or everything in the surrounding area is going to be infested . I can almost guarantee if there’s any other plants next to that plant they’re infected as well. Captain Jack’s dead bug will work. But at this point from the looks of it underneath that leaf there are eggs all up and down the vein of the leaf. With that many eggs you’re so infested that it’s not really worth using Jack’s deadbud. Either run everything in the tent till Harvest and then wash your buds or pull everything out now sanitize sterilize set everything on fire whatever you have to do to get rid of any eggs that might drop or spider mites that might be lurking around. Wash your hands wash your clothes. One tip do not bring any outside plants inside and don’t go to your veg tent or flower tent when you come straight from outside. I have battled them twice and each time takes several times a day of turning the plant upside down and putting it in a trash can full of Jack’s dead bug. Letting it dry washing again applying again. Then the next day hydrogen peroxide soak a couple times then rinse. Then Jack’s dead bug let it sit for a day then repeat. For 2 weeks… Look up spider mites. Every spider might can lay a s*** ton of eggs a day and every 3 days they hatch. Best of luck to you and happy growing

3 Likes

Well stated @larry1, they do look like spider mites, and they’re a chore to rid environment of. I’ve had some luck using this product

I sprayed every other day for 7 days 4 sprays, waited a week and did it again, with success. Just be sure to give your plants a real good peroxide bath at harvest. Good luck friend. There’s a battle awaiting you!
Get Growin!

2 Likes

Appreciate the insight. Ya if they want a war im more than willing to use a scorched earth policy to save these girls! Best buds ive grown yet and im not giving in!
I ordered some jacks dead bug brew. I also used a diluted 70%isopropyl alcohol and water to help slow down the problem till it arrives when the lights were off. I removed some of the fan leaves with the worst infestations. I also ordered some Califonicous hanging bags as well for next grow. Thanks again everyone!

Be careful moving in and out of your grow room handling infested matter!!! I would dunk EVERYTHING in scalding hot water and bag it before removing it from your room. Get some good home bug barrier and treat surrounding areas heavily (not your grow room yet) and the perimeter of your house. Use indoor/pet safe accordingly. As soon as your plants are done hit the grow room hard prior to starting anything else. YOUR FIXIN TO HAVE A FIREFIGHT!! Best of luck to you.
Fun factotum: Captain jacks dead bug is available at your local Walmart super center in the indoor garden section!!!

1 Like

That’s often times my approach to things. Lol.

1 Like

I just killed 12 plants 4 weeks from harvest because of them little f*ers. They had already infested my whole room by the time I saw them. I didnt even try to save any plants. Cheaper on me to kill and start over than to keep feeding, electricity, my time and more money on bug spray. Good luck with whichever path you choose.

2 Likes

This is what i just killed.

1 Like

Oh that’s terrible, did you do anything to try to salvage any of it? Peroxide bath or freezer to kill them off maybe?? That’s a tragedy

Oh thats terrible! Mine actually are closer than i think to harvest. So by sunday i may just do that and rinse in shower and peroxide bath them.
You also bring up the pount of freeze killing them
Its currently 29° where i live could sit them outside for a little duration to freeze these cuss’ off??

No. I dont want to spend any more time and money on an infested grow. I have plenty to smoke and it was easier for me to kill and start over. I did bag it and put it in the freezer to make ice hash with later, so not a complete waste.

1 Like

I tried the rest, this one’s the best imo.

download

1 Like

Buds that have been frozen immediately after harvest make for phenomenal extracts. I would bho with it if I were in that position, wax consumption in our house daily is like 2-3 grams. Flower consumption 1g daily…

2 Likes

This is so tragic bro! my heart just dropped when i heard this . Man i don’t know how i would deal haha

2 Likes