I realized we had a bunch of compost juice in the trap on our composter so I harvested a little and started a brew in a 10 gallon bucket. Added some castings, tiny scoop of recharge, kelp meal, and some molasses.
After 24 hours I was not ready to use it and was suspect that I did not add enough molasses because one, I used a small amount and two I have read that recharge needs a heavy molasses dose to get going. Not to mention I was going to let it go and didn’t want what had been cultured to die. So, at 24 hours I added 2 more tablespoons of molasses. Sure enough after 12-18 hours I saw a lot more foam on the tea.
I used most of the tea, left like 2 liters of tea in the bucket and filled with chlorine free water. I then added 3 Tablesoons of molasses and started the air pumps again.
My theory is that if all the tea brewing is doing is farming micro beasts, why not leave some beasties in the tea, that were already cultured in my climate and that thrive in the medium I provided, and re-brew.