Perfect PH for marijuana hydro grow

A question from a fellow grower:

I a first time grower and have purchase your Big Bud and currently growing. I just purchase White widow and Gold leaf. What do you recommend as optimal ph in hydro. Its all over the place with all the forums I’m reading. I’ve seen optimal at 5.2, 5.5, 5.9 and 6.1. What is your opinion for optimal.

A pH of 5.8 is optimal for hydro. It will move and travel a little either way, above or below, won’t hurt. You probably don’t want to let it get below 5.5 as at 5.4 the acid is getting to the point it will damage the roots. And it shouldn’t get much above 6.5, ever. So shooting for between 5.5 and 6.0 for most of the grow is what most people do, and then 6.0-6.5 during the very last parts of the grow. In soil 6.5 is the most common target, with a range between about 6.2 to about 6.8 and no higher than 7. Looking at pH charts, you can play a little with pH to increase or reduce the availability or uptake of certain nutrients for the plant. And this is sometime even recommended in certain nutrient regiments as you can see in the chart for our nutrient booster line.

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/community/topic/how-to-use-the-marijuana-booster-nutrient-system/

Great explanation MacG…I suggest you try and never allow it to get to 6.5 in Hydro. Common margin of error is +/- .3 maximum. Good luck, and Happy Growing!_