Perfect grow ends with a wimper

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you seeing that I’m not?
Just from the last pictures, they look great.
:thinking::man_shrugging::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

the last pic was just a pic of it growing new white pistils

3 Likes

is the yellowing a normal thing at this stage?

2 Likes

how close to a vipar xs1500 is too close,Ive let it get within 6 in before raising it…like I said my last grow was way too dry when I harvested a little on the early side and the top colas seem like they are getting dry @HappyHydroGrower

2 Likes

last pic was the top cola

2 Likes

It’s a little early to have harvested it in my opinion just best I can tell from the picture. I think almost everybody has harvested their first plant before it was ready. Fact is, your still gonna get high. Enjoy it! :+1:t2:

Best thing I can recommend is to read others journal and pay attention to the pictures and what the buds look like when they’re ready. Learn when the right time is to harvest. If ever in doubt, gives us a shout. There are plenty, plenty a folks here that can help with stuff like that.
They do/did… look great. Good luck on the next round. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Usually you will see it maybe a little later but not uncommon to see leaves yellowing.

Keep in mind every plant is different but they all grow and age about the same way.

1 Like

I’m not a light expert, so I would have to refer you to @dbrn32 :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I would probably shoot for no less than 12" from top of plant with ideal height more like 16" or so.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, the others have you sorted though.

It’s not at all unusual for me to see extremely crispy leaves by the time I harvest. But I also don’t adjust my reservoir to accommodate end of life for the plant, so she likely ends up rather deficient in P and K by the final few weeks, especially those buds closer to the light. I had enough whiskey to not be able to make sense about the interconnection between calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus where light intensity is involved, but there is in fact some relationship there that intensifies the plant’s usage of those nutrients, especially as there is more direct light exposure. Tag me again tomorrow and I’ll try to source the articles I had read about it.

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower …I did not harvest this plant… she is still chugging along …my last plant I did harvest early because of some bud rot and drying out issues…I am just trying to not be in the same boat again…so just to be clear …dont worry about the yellowing leaves and keep my light up at at least 12 in and dont worry about buds drying out?

1 Like

I do apologize. Obviously misread something. Keep’em growing. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Keep the light up 12” or higher to avoid buds drying out. If it’s already happened, not a huge deal, but dry bud just isn’t as tasty.

This late in the game, yellowing leaves is pretty normal. Especially if we’re talking about at the top where the light was too close, or at the very bottom where the light can’t reach. :v:

2 Likes

update…
Trichomes looking mostly cloudy only a few clear ones but just a very few ambers…got one of those pocket digital microscopes…been using the demo AMCap software…anyone got a better one to look at…Ill try to get some pics on here

2 Likes

I bought one similar to this. It works ok. Mine’s about 4 years old so they may have better ones out there now.

1 Like

got a good scope need better software for it

she cant even keep her head up anymore several colas laying over under their own weight…checked it a couple of days ago almost all cloudy but hardly any ambers…seems to be going so slow but definately getting fat

1 Like

@Graysin …what cha think?

I see several white pistils on the tops.

Got a little wait to go I bet

2 Likes

yeah its been growing new ones

1 Like