Perfect grow ends with a wimper

so was chugging along on my first grow …p4p soil 2x3 tent,xs1500 light. jacks during flower …10 weeks in it seems to stall out…i see top of a few buds drying out…then a couple of dead spots …mold?..on a couple of them so I chop off the buds below the bad spots and go another week and a half still no more groth…looking at Trichomes all are mostly cloudy with a couple of amber so I deside to put her out of her misory
did I do the right thing? still gonna get a decent yeald is I got all the mold out of there…bud wash?..chopped a couple of days ago…and what went wrong besides the possable mold issue?..thanks to any that can help…

Sounds as if you did the right thing.

And if you had mold, your air was likely too humid and/or you didn’t have good air circulation in the tent.

This is speculation based on the information you gave.

1 Like

If you’re above 55% humidity during flower, lots of plants are prone to mold.

A dehumidifier is a must for me in flower. My humidity would be above 60% today. I’ve lost bud to mold before @theGiz …I won’t lose any more.

3 Likes

so my tent is a 2x3 gorilla lite with a infinity fan and charcoal filter also have a small fixed fan in there …live in ca and the humidity was too high…probably because of her drinking a gallon every other day…can I get a smallish dehumidifier and put it in the tent…heard they put off heat…my tent is in my living room and the airconditioner has been on…getting up in the 100s now

I really dont smoke much and am planning on being one plant at a time guy so I dont plan on expanding…Ive got #2 started and am going to do it the same as the first grow…super soil, coco,perlite mix…dont buy FF cultivation nation coco/perlite…the coco brick was so much better quality coco…so if i get a dehumidifier big enough to handle a little over the gallon everyother day would that work ? @OldSkunk @Fiz

1 Like

maybe a 2200ml dehumidifier?.. 70. dollar range

got individual branches hanging in the tent now…took off all the fan leaves… humidity is at 38% right now got the small fan blowing away from the buds and the inline fan on medium…sound about right?.. got jars and little hygrometers…50 to 65% once in jars?

this is the last pick of this girl

3 Likes

and this is her now

3 Likes

and this is going to be my 2nd try

3 Likes

With the additional information, it sounds as if you’re set up ok - make sure you have air circulation going round the clock. I usually keep my tent at around 50% RH once they are growing, and I have the opposite problem - it’s always too dry in my tent except for right after watering. I have to run a humidifier a lot. That last picture of the buds look fine. Your new baby looks fine too.

I just realized I don’t know what strain you are growing.

1 Like

I think you did the right thing .As for why it happened i would say not enough air flow in ur tent and to high of humidity

3 Likes

@Fiz Zittles
got 3 more Zittles seeds so gonna be growin it awhile

1 Like

looking at the 2200ml dehumidifiers it a joke…the 2200ml is how much they will hold not how much they will take out of the air…it looks like the ones rated by pints are actully what they will take out of the air so I wil keep looking…I want one that will take at least 1/2 gallon a day out of the air if I am watering a gal every other day…right? @OldSkunk

1 Like

now thinking 20 pint might be my best option…in the 100 to 150 range…more than I want to spend but…

Which 2200ml dehumidifier you looking at? @theGiz

1 Like

was looking on ebay at many of them

think i have talked myself into a 20 pt unit
20 Pint Cube Dehumidifier (midea.com)

found one for a little over 100 bucks

I have high humidity at night so I been looking at some myself. Imo tank capacity is the wrong stat to gauge a dehumidifier. You should be looking at removal rate. Be it listed in pints or liters. The one you looking at says 20 pints that’s 2 gals or just over but that don’t matter because it will have a lower dehumidification rate. Such at 2-4 pints an hour or 1-2L which is almost the same rate. But the 20 pint will require less upkeep I guess?

1 Like