Perfect day for an experiment :)

As the title reads. It’s time for an experiment. With the amount of plants growing I really don’t have much time to waste. I know that sounds awful. Feel like its my kid or something. Just a bit less loud!! Out of the bunch 6 are Durban regular seeds. Now, I know about cloning and all, but I’ve also heard I can force bloom a trimming and get a sneak peak of the sex. With a little rooting compound, starter solution and a rock wool square. After about a week and a half of 12/12 we should have the sex. Any opinions on this? Is this theory off? Would love to grow them to the end, but if I can cut the cord sooner then later. My luck, the biggest one will be a male and break my heart in the end. Who knows, they’ll all be dead tomorrow probably. Just a try at something new :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Tag me in please.

1 Like

@Rugar89 is this how? Lol not quite sure

1 Like

Yep! :heart: @bruinsfan33

FAILURE lol after a week of high heat, humidity and a nice thunderstorm. The trimmings have died haha honestly I think I needed to cut them lower (more stem) suck up more water. But, that’s not the end

Continuing the discussion from My grow journal:

Got a good idea from @bob31 and will put the whole plant on a 12 / 12 cycle for a week and revert it back to veg if it’s not a male.

Probably just going to use a 30 gallon trash bin to cover before dusk. Sunrise has been around 5 - 515 so to be on the safe side cover it a little before 5. Up at 230am everyday , uncover before I leave so the morning sun hits it. Think I’m going to start of with the larger one.

1 Like

OK day one start. Trying this again. Seeing if I can get some reg beans to show their sex. Picked out the tallest one today. Give it a week .

@SourD let’s see what happens @Stoner_Cody420

3 Likes

Good luck my friend! My fingers are crossed for you @bruinsfan33! Can’t wait to see what happens :smile:

2 Likes

Yes my friend

2 Likes

This also works well

2 Likes

Take two! :movie_camera:

2 Likes

I heard you could tell by the looks of the seed. I’ll have to keep that in mind next time lol maybe just go with an all female selection :laughing:

That’s exactly why I’m going with OGK FEM from ILGM lol I’m tired of all the guessing and not knowing lol @bruinsfan33

3 Likes

Mine looked alot like 5 @Hogmaster lol

1 Like

I do have fems going too. The Durban looked good though haha

3 Likes

Hahaha @bruinsfan33 I’m jealous over here and probably will be for the next couple weeks waiting on my other order from ILGM LOL

2 Likes

Lol hopefully not too long lol I’m just nearly making it out of the first trimester haha two more to go!!

1 Like

Haha well still looking better then me lol I started out with 3 bag seeds lost 2 got left with one with my luck the 2 that died was probably my fem and the one i have that’s doing good is probably the male lol that’s tottally my luck man lol :grimacing:

1 Like

I hear that

1 Like

I think your chances of cooking that plant underneath the trash can are pretty high… I imagine the temps inside there are skyrocketing … I take it from your previous statements above that you were trying to root some clones so that you could put them into flower and see if they were male or female … well you don’t have to wait for the Clones to root in order to do that , you can take the cutting stick it in a glass of water and throw it in 12/12 and every day just change out the water and you would be just fine doing it that way and the plant will survive long enough to tell you whether it’s a boy or girl without ever rooting… and if it roots and it’s a girl then you get a bonus also… :wink:
If you want to continue with your trash can experiment , I would put the trash can on before sun light while it’s still cool and take it off around 11 am before it really starts to get hot… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just need enough stem to suck it up? I have 6 more to check lol just did this one for now.

Never even thought of the different hours. It’s still looking pretty green today lol night number 4. nothing over 90 all week. Take a few pics tomorrow. Get a little protection from the thunderstorms tonight.

Thank you