Patiently waiting all summer

First time grower with Autoflowering AK47s. Have been waiting all summer vs the expected 10-14 weeks. They just keep on growing (one 5-feet & 4 others 6-7 feet). Pics of all but the last one are of the short one. Started flowering ~3 weeks ago. Don’t have microscope to see the tricomes, but with a magnifying glass did not saw mostly with with no amber. Some lower leaves are yellowing, but most are green. I think I need to wait some more… How’s is she looking to folks with more experience?

I’m in SF bay area with high temps in the 80s, so I plan to dry & cure in my backyard shed. Thinking I will a fast dry in the microwave this week for pre-harvest sample.

3 Likes

Better late than never, eh?

1 Like

Waaay too early for anything like that.

They kinda overshot the mark I’m afraid. You have at least another month before there is anything worth sampling. IMHO

2 Likes

@HMGRWN
I was unsure if it was ready to sample. Thank you for pointing it out.

@VirginiaGrowBoy And what a harvest I’m getting. It’s going to be way beyond my needs.

2 Likes

How long did they veg before starting to flower? Those are big. Makes me wonder if those aren’t actually photoperiod plants.

2 Likes

@rlh

Same here… my wife and I use like 1 oz per 8 months. I give away 95% of what I harvest. I just love growing it for people.

5 Likes

First world problems. Lol

1 Like

Photos wouldn’t be flowering at this time of year.

Great looking plants @rlh! Definitely too early to take samples. Looks at least 6-8 weeks out still.

1 Like

Cool. Passing it on, thanks, everybody needs friends like you.

3 Likes

Hmmm. It’s the middle of August so I would disagree. Although I’m used to growing in the deep woods which is definitely quite different than SF.

2 Likes

@rlh not hijacking your thread,I hope you don’t feel that way. :flushed:

@Outlaw I am 30 or so miles south of San Francisco.
My flowering usually starts late July here.

Chocolate Heaven taken right now -1954hrs,14 Aug 22.

Blue Dream

MTF

Coco Pebblez clone, Harborside dispensary, San Jose,CA

SL out.

3 Likes

We always had ours cut and hanging by the first frost. They were always well in flower by this time of year. Just trying to disagree nicely. Lol.

3 Likes

That’s wild. Y’all are still at nearly 15 hours of light. Beautiful plants my man.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital Oh its definitely wild. In a scared of global warming way. Darn. It took a season or two to adjust-had me all messed up-but flexibility is important in this hobby of ours. :+1:
Thanks !
SL out.

1 Like

@Outlaw @BobbyDigital
Oh no worries. We dont play that here. This is a professional,worldwide consortium of ideas,methods ,and valuable empirical data built on the shoulders of all of us that love this hobby. Now go out there and smoke a fatty! :heart_on_fire:
:rofl:
SL out.

4 Likes

Hey Outlaw, I germinated them at the start of April, and they flowered mid-July. They were sold as Autoflower by ILGM.

@Slug_Life Thanks for sharing. Love to see the comments and activity.

1 Like

We have a camera with zoom/macro lens. I’ll take pics of the trichomes sometime this week.

I believe it got up near 89F today…the tall ladies will want water!

Clicked these today. I expect they are still not ready for a sample per earlier comments by @HMGRWN and @BobbyDigital, but happy to see the flower developing.

3 Likes

I believe those are pistils that are turning brown. ILGM harvest page recommended harvesting when 70-90% of the pistils are brown.

1 Like