Patience is not my virtue

I am in week 9 of flower and this is how they look…171127_173319

171127_173629

You can see some amber in the second picture, I am ready to harvest them but don’t feel they are ready…

5 Likes

Looks tasty. If you post a single picture we can super zoom :blush:.

Is that week 9 since the flip or since transition? Because you are getting close!

@myfriend

It is week 9 since flower. They are autos. 171127_173629

3 Likes

171127_173319

2 Likes

Or not lol! What effect are you looking for? Because you are getting close and now it’s bulk up time. Are you adding bulking nutes? And you should be thinking about the finish.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410

I’ll be honest, I have just been using regular PhD water. I stopped using nutes because I wanted to make sure I didn’t have an residual when it came time to smoke… :frowning:
This will be my first time growing myself and I see a lot of people here shooting for 20% amber. I was gonna go with that and adjust from there

3 Likes

It looks like a few are starting to go amber, and I didn’t see any clear. Are there still fresh pistils coming in?

I can’t speak for everyone else, but for me the 20% amber is more of the state of harvest than the target. I would personally not be afraid to harvest at all cloudy, but at the front side of that there’s usually still decent amount of bud swell to be had. So I try to get the maximum there without going past 20% Amber. So it’s more of getting that last bit of weight than it is waiting for them to get to 20%. If that makes sense?

3 Likes

Trust me when I say this…harvesting at the right time is precious for you.
So just check everywhere before you cut it. I also wait a plant to getting ready. For now I have only few spots whit trichomes in amber so I need to wait her to finish everywhere.
You don’t have much to wait to much… Only a week or two :joy:
Do you planning to split the stem? Sun Nov 26 22-04-18Sun Nov 26 22-02-17Sun Nov 26 21-58-36

3 Likes

@dbrn32

That makes perfect sense. Basically you want the biggest buds with the fewest amber.

@M4ur

I am not splitting the stems. This is my first grow so I have been keeping it simple. My next grow I may get a little crazy.

3 Likes

Pretty much. Some people target the heavy amber, but not me personally. I just try to find that balance like you suggested.

1 Like

@dbrn32

I will have to find what I like. With this being my first grow I am ready to cut down now!

1 Like

I’ve heard of people harvesting most and then leaving a few buds to ripen more. Perhaps that could be something that may be a good option for you?

I feel like maybe @Myfriendis410 or @peachfuzz has done this. Maybe they could weigh in

3 Likes

I have indeed done that with outstanding results. Mainly it was the extra time on the lower half of the plant that really should have been applied to the whole plant.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410

If I decided to harvest some at a time…would I just cut off what I want to harvest and leave the rest? Or is there more of a science to it?

I thought I read one of your posts about it. Hard to keep track haha. Thanks!

1 Like

There’s no accepted method for doing a split harvest.

Personally I would just give it extra time. That’s what I came away with from my experience.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410

I appreciate that. As much as it pains me, I will just wait it out :frowning:

2 Likes

Just keep a close eye on the state of the plant and the look of the buds. They really bulk up in the last couple of weeks and it would be a shame to miss that.

2 Likes

I’m actually doing a partial Harvest right now , I didn’t get my nets up in time before the plants went crazy… all of the top colas were heavy and laying all over each other not letting light get down to the rest of the plants so I harvested the tops and I’m waiting for the rest of the plants to get a better yield on them… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You’ve got me convinced!!! I’m gonna try a partial harvest this year to achieve maximum yield!!!

Gilly

1 Like