Patch's New Garden

I did the same and it worked. That tomato plant looks brilliant mate. MJ seems to be a bit more demanding by the looks of things.

2 Likes

Good looking grow. Nice.

Hey guys, still recovering from the beating I took Saturday. Not getting any younger and the muscle police are letting me know! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks @latewood last years crop was pretty much the same strain except this year I added the Tashkurghan, which is doing very nicely. I am a bit concerned about her though, as Tashkurghan supposedly finishes a bit later. Last year the Balkh finished right at the edge of the season, so we shall see?
Right now the big surprise is the Lebanese! She had a bit of a rough start. Was planted out a tad too early and she began to flower… a few weeks later she reverted and while a tad too dense, is looking pretty good. I may need to do some heavy trimming? But then again??

Tashkurghan on the left and Balkh on the right… few days later

4 Likes

No, no banjo. Just guitar. I have 3. Plants look good Cannabian, but you always have some good looking plants and interesting strains. Peace…

4 Likes

I tell you what; I wish i coudl have an indoor/outdoor room here, but not gonna happen. Cannot wait to see the buddage.

2 Likes

Yeah me too! Should be starting in the next couple weeks I suspect? I figure Im gonna get lucky on height, I have a 12 foot cieling and still have 4 feet left for stretch and flower.

2 Likes

Now that is some head room Cannabian!

3 Likes

Well Im still in veg! So 4 feet doesnt last very long lol :laughing:

4 Likes

@latewood-
I think I am ready to order seeds, but I want to make sure that I get a strain that is not hard to grow. I am leaning towards Critical Mass feminized, and the only reason I wouldn’t order it would be if you think we need to choose a better strain to grow. This strain on leafly helps a lot of medical users with pain. That and the yields are what attracts me to that strain. An alternative would be blackberry kush. Or a regular feminized Blueberry would also be ok. Let me know what your thinking is from a “let’s try getting better results category.” I will wait to hear from you before I buy any. Thanks!! Peace…

1 Like

Critical Mass is known for good yields. Bluberry can be smaller as Indica’s generally are, but great pain medicine.

If you plan to grow outdoors, you should get a big yield either way. You just never know 100% until you try the strains you believe in and prove it over a grow or 2. Hope this helps you decided.

Hi patch just wanted to share my two cents, my ol lady really likes blue dream and white widow these are both very good yielding plants easy growing, and helps her alot with her pain… good luck on your new grow, I don’t talk alot you have plenty of folks who help out but I do enjoy following along so if you make up another thread please tag me in… grow on sir

4 Likes

MeEasy-
I will certainly tag you in! I just harvested a white widow CBD from my last grow. It is still curing so I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t know if your Mrs. has tried blueberry or not, but it gives me great pain relief. Just giving you back my penny’s worth. I expect the white widow CBD to be a good pain reliever, as I have always heard that white widow is good for pain. With a balanced THC/CBD I don’t have any reason to think otherwise. Thank you for chiming in- you are always welcome on my threads. If anything, you can learn what not to do, lol. Peace…

3 Likes

I thank you for any tips and yes blueberry is another favorite of hers. I grew a cheese berry in the last run and she still hasn’t stopped talking about it being a heavy indica that she could smoke all day without needing a nap…Just started blue cheese (photo) and a cheese berry (auto) they are the same x of strains but one is 00 seed other all American

3 Likes

@CalamityJane-
I am sorry your work is keeping you more busy than you’d like. I you haven’t had the results you have been looking for, I know that it will get better. You just gotta keep growing- growing marijuana and as a grower. I try not to compare my grows to others and just trying to learn. I have got a personal trainer for this round, and I am gonna make some changes. I feel like my knowledge as a grower is much better than my results. Organic is a big learning curve, and I know it’s a matter of time before I get dialed in to just grow 1-2 plants at a time. That would cover my pain med needs. I don’t need 74 pounds every month. I just want to grow this wonderful plant the best that I can. I want you to be happy and have fun with your grows, just like I do. It is no fun making the same mistake twice. But thats how we learn. And oh, I feel so bad that you haven’t won in a long time on our music game. I am going to rack my brain to put more songs from 1995-2005. I think you said that was the time when you really got into music. Would it help if I posted an hour or two earlier? Let me know. I think I know what I am gonna try to grow this time. I am gonna order seeds today or tomorrow. I hope things get better for you over there soon. Peace…

2 Likes

@latewood-
I ordered my seeds tonight. Decided on going with Critical Mass. Leafly’s reviewers gave it right at the highest level for use with pain. Almost 40% of the reviewers used it with success for pain. The ILGM page said its relatively easy to grow. I will have to be a little aggressive in pruning as these are a little susceptible to mold. I have a lot of fans and plan on running a few inside. Since they tend to be on the big side, I will only grow one at a time. I hope to do some lst and/or at least top or FIM her. I will get with you tomorrow about what soil plans I have or if you want me to use garrigan’s soil like on the bottom third with something like happy frog on the top. Gonna germinate with ILGM’s method, and start it in a peat puck. That’s how I started with the first grow. If you want me to do anything just let me know. I didn’t layer the living soil the last two times, and I wonder if that didn’t shock them. The ratio will likely be 1/3-1/2 living soil on the bottom, and happy frog on the top. Please let me know if you think I am on the right track. Thank you! Peace…

5 Likes

Hello @patchman
Wow, having a mentor is awesome patch. I am really excited to see how things go. Your knowledge patch on the subject of growing weed is amazing. You are going to grow a beasty I am sure. I may not be able to help much, but looking forward to watching this journey patch. I will help where I can.
Good luck my friend.
Have a magic day

4 Likes

Are you planning to repopt later before transition? If so; I owuld just use Happy Frog in first post, then blend in the living soil when repotting into a larger pot. Takes some of the guesswork. No need to add living soil, have an issue, and not really know what caused it. :slight_smile:
BTW. what is in your living soil? I ask here so I can keep up with this startat post 814 or so…Glad you are getting some killer beans.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! There are 3 different ones that are very similar, and if you look on Leafly it’s the Critical Mass fem; not the Critical Mass CBD, or Big Bud. They have one of the highest ratings for pain, with almost 40% use it and get good results. As the name implies, Critical Mass is known for its heavy yields. ILGM says you can get nice heavy yields to boot. I gotta run. I will let you know when we get started. Peace…

2 Likes

latewood-
Yep was planning just that. When she gets too big for her peat plug I will transfer her into a 1 gallon fabric pot of Happy frog. When she is ready she will then go into her 5 gallon forever fabric pot. That’s when I will add living soil at the bottom 3rd or so of living soil. Here’s the soil recipe I used last time:

• 5 parts sphagnum peat moss
  • 2 parts aeration, perlite (I do have
    vermiculite)
  • 1 part compost (I used mushroom
    compost last time, I have cow manure
    Compost too)
  • 1/2 cup karanja cake
  • 1/4 cup kelp meal
  • 1/2 cup crustacean meal
  • 1/2 cup gypsum
  • 1 cup basalt

I would give them molasses teas
and compost teas. And when flowering
started I began adding cal mag because I had heard and read that some living soils are lacking in calcium and magnesium. Of course with the happy frog in play I will be monitoring ppms to get a heads up on when to add nutes. And of course like a good Forrest Gump I will do whatever drill sergeant latewood tells me to do. If you see anything in my soil recipe that I need to omit or add just let me know. There are a couple of places I can get some amendments if I need to. Otherwise I will have to order from Build a soil or Coast of Maine. I have some other amendments here, like blood meal, and others. Oh one question. When the new grow tent came I put it in my room. It is about 7 feet from the HVAC register in the floor. Is that too close? I thought I might have to run some cool air into the tent at some point. This is one of the hotter rooms in the house, with daily highs near 80° and lows in the low 70’s. Thanks! Peace…

3 Likes

I just received the same, 10+10 sale. Are you going to start new journal or continue this one. If you start new journal tag me. It will be a little while before I start mine.

3 Likes