Patch's New Garden

And as I found out this week, that can change dramatically as the weather changes lol :tired_face:

1 Like

Well Cannabian-
I waited one more day and bottled Majestic. She has been at 61% all day. I guess its time to cure! I will keep watching her closely without disturbing her too much. On the other hand my blueberry is taking longer to develop than the first two did. We are into week 13 above ground. I will keep checking tricomes and am gonna let her tell me when she is ready. Have a good one Cannabian and BStarr! Peaceā€¦

4 Likes

I looked at Juicy this morning and itā€™s harvest day tomorrow. She is really beginning to deteriorate, and I see all milky tricomes. Some of the leaves have started to die. Not yellow and die like usual, but going from green to brown. She definitely wasnā€™t like this 2 days ago, and I donā€™t recall seeing her like I did this morning. So dark before the chop! It does not look like itā€™s going to be much to harvest, just like last time. We will see!!
Peaceā€¦

6 Likes

@DebbieM I use citric acid to lower my pH. A little pinch goes a long way. Itā€™s about $4 at Wally World - usually in the baking aisle.

2 Likes

Hi JaneQP, itā€™s nice to meet you. Thanks for the tip, however I bought a whole gallon of ph down, which Iā€™m glad I did cuz Iā€™m using it really fast, like the Quik Bunny goes thru chocolate milk. I really wish I would have known that before. But still, thanks, if you want to see where they are now my page is something is the matter with my leaves. I have been told itā€™s a hoot, thatā€™s actually a good thing. Who would have thought that?

1 Like

I hope you still get something nice off her Patchy! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I appreciate it BStarr-
But at a towering 11" I am not going to get much. I would be grateful if I got an ounce. Majesty is in cure and lost 1/2 ounce drying out. Her final total was .47 ounces. Soon as Juicy dries I am going to start a couple more plants with some changes. Hopefully we can get back towards a decent haul soon. peaceā€¦

4 Likes

I understand your frustration buddy. Fingers crossed for an improvement then :crossed_fingers::grin:

3 Likes

BStarr-
I dont mean to bitch about it, but would you be happy with less than an ounce from two plants? I am happy I have some, but I need to harvest more to last me in between grows. I donā€™t even need 4 ounces from one plant. 4 ounces from two plants would be plenty for me. No more complaining about it. Itā€™s done. The past is the past. Accept it and move on. ILGM wants me to plant all my seeds so they can just send one shipment of replacement seeds. So I will have to buy some more seeds just to have some to plant until the replacements come. I may go ahead and get some photos and try them. Have you seen the description on the ILGM Big Bud fems? Says youā€™ll harvest 14-16 ounces from a 3ftX3ft area. A pound from one plant? Holy tricomes batman! Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Wait a minute! I dont put any faith in what seed vendors say when it comes to harvest weights, because there are so many variables. The reason I would grow photos is to ensure that my foundation ( tops and branches) were there and ready to flip before they begin to flower. If you want volume of bud, thats the only true way to ensure you are gonna get it. If you have 100 bud sites all making a gram or 2 dried you do the math on that. Now 1 pinned down branch will make 2 branch sites at each leaf node right? So if you have 6 nodes per branch and 4 branches that 48 tops! If you staked even some of those down you would have hundreds of tops!

Here is 1 branch with multiple topsā€¦ each making about a gram of of dopeā€¦ this plant wasnt even topped and it has hundreds of these.

3 Likes

Cannabian-
I do not hold seed banks to their ā€œsales pitch.ā€ The cheese slid off my cracker a long time ago, but I know with photos you control how long to flower, how long to veg, and how long till harvest. With autos its all genetically driven and out of your hands. I hate math, but I do understand the benefits of training plants. I told BStarr awhile back its hard to train a 6" tall plant. I am trying to figure why my plants arenā€™t growing like the should. Once I can get them growing like they should them I can train them if I need more than what two plants can get me. As far as my eyeball sees it thatā€™s the problem. Somewhere, somehow, I must have kicked them around or something to stunt their growth. So next grow I will change how I do some things to see if it helps. Thanks Cannabian, I mean you no disrespect. You can grow some darkness up there where itā€™s pretty cold. I am much closer to the equator. You are certainly dialed in. I have found the dial, and I just have to dial it in. I have three grows completed now, and I turned the dial the wrong way. I thought it was the living soil I used in grow #2 that gave me the poor yield, so I used a different recipe for grow #3 that I followed to the letter. No change, and maybe another step backwards. So I am crossing soil off as the problem. But I will be doing the soil a little different next time to minimize shock to the plant. Thanks again Cannabian, I appreciate you sir!! Peaceā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah I totally get it. But to answer your question, I never imagined that Iā€™d get 4-6oz off each plant, like they advertise. I honestly thought like yeah right, Iā€™ll get maybe 1oz per plant if Iā€™m lucky. And I think if I hadnā€™t bought the HLG light I would have.
Keep in mind though that Iā€™ve always been very disconnected from weed, the most Iā€™ve ever seen before was a 1/4oz and that would last me 6 months or so. Iā€™d never seen a plant in real life, and really, knew next to nothing about any of it. Kief, hash, trimmings, etc etc? Never heard of them.

Then lo and behold, I got on here, found out nearly everything I thought I knew as a gardener was not going to apply to these little plants, and had to deliberately reset my mindset from what I thought growing would be like to what Iā€™ve managed to achieve.
Iā€™m super proud of what Iā€™ve achieved but it isnā€™t like haha Iā€™m all awesome and anyone who doesnā€™t get the yields I do must be shiteā€¦ Not at all. I actually count myself as really lucky to have found the info on here and articles Iā€™ve read that I have been able to apply to my circumstances and holy shiz Batman! I got good yields!
Iā€™m also exceedingly fortunate in my life that I have some disposable income, and have been able to convince the Mrs that itā€™s worth it (that has NOT been easy at times) to blow $1400 on a light, plus since I started thereā€™s always been another thing I apparently need to buy. More/different nutes, perlite in bulk, MORE pots, trays, and rollers, a second and then third tent (yeah that went over well :rofl:), oh! more seeds, more exhaust systems, better/quieter fans, the list goes onā€¦

So yeah, sorry for the novel. But what Iā€™m saying is, I totally understand your disappointment and frustration cos I would be too. But something will click and there will be something missing or something that shouldnā€™t be going on and your babies will give you the bigger yields youā€™re after.

I honestly wish distance wasnā€™t so huge for many of us. How good would it be to just go over to each otherā€™s house and chill and talk weed :blush:

Much love Patchy :pray::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Well it aint that cold from spring to fallā€¦ we are around 80 American today and we had over 100- 2 days ago

Hey Cannabian-
Let me just put it this way then. You are a very experienced grower that has found the style he wants to grow, and has gotten his grow dialed in. You still have disappointments but you learn from them, and move forward. That is why I ask you for your guidance so I can get on track. Moving on from that the dry is going well for Juicy. The tent stays in the upper 60ā€™s temp wise and almost 60% rh. Eventually I will take a bud off and jar it to see where we are humidity wise. All of the buds are small, so I am thinking they may not take a week to dry out. Majestic is sitting at 63%, so I burped the jar and back to the dark she went. Thanks to Cannabian and BStarr for offering help, I do appreciate it very much. I do not want either of you to think that I just blow off what you tell me. I think the problem is their stunted growth. Have a great evening! Peaceā€¦

5 Likes

If you can squeeze 6 or 7 days to dry the buds its better than faster.

Lebanese and Tashkurghanā€¦ the Leb looks as though shes flowering already? Very early

6 Likes

Hey buddy at the end of the day, everyone on here could offer advice, but if it doesnā€™t fit you, your time schedule, your temps, your budget etc etc, it ainā€™t gonna work!

PS I feel your frustration at stunted plants lol! Iā€™ve got Blue Dream not-an-Auto, Stunty who topped herself and took 9 weeks to begin flowering, and now Gnarly who did exactly as Stunty did - so who knows how long til she starts flowering too?

3 Likes

Everyone here has been really nice. I appreciate all the advice and tips. I didnā€™t do a good job of explaining what was happening. Something is stunting their growth. But they have not shown any sign of a problem, with the exception of some purple leaves on my second grow, and I figured that it was just the strain showing its colors. I sincerely thank all of you. I am done talking about it. Gonna be time to plant again very soon! I got the white Widow CBD to a week in drying out, as that was just one big bud. The smaller buds on the blueberry may not take as much time. Opinions? Thanks again everybody. At least we got them to the finish line. Peaceā€¦

4 Likes

Well, hereā€™s to looking forwards then :heart:

Iā€™ll bet itā€™s something Iā€™m doing wrong thatā€™s produced Stunty and then Gnarly. Humidity too low? Ph? Nutes too early on? I donā€™t know yet but Iā€™m gonna find out lol

3 Likes

B-
Canā€™t catch no fish,
If you donā€™t go fishing,
Canā€™t get no medal,
Jus by wishinā€™,

Learn it as you do it,
All you gotta do is try,
Cause BStarr and Patchman,
Are gonna grow a better highā€¦

There you go B- I got songwriting skills, and I am gonna have growing skills soon.
Have a good day and stay warm down there! Peaceā€¦

6 Likes

Hahaha thatā€™s awesome!! I love it! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes