Patch's New Garden

I found the NEW patch,
Tagging along my friend :v:

3 Likes

@yoshi-
Not2SureYet made some great suggestions. I think that is more of what you’re looking for. If not let me know. Peace…

Enlightened-
I hope you have your microscope because once again the plants are very small. This happened the last grow, so I changed soil recipes and followed the one in there now to the letter. So I have to figure out what’s going on. I have some changes to try for next grow. For two grows now I have grown healthy plants that have had little or no problems. I am narrowing down the cause, and I think we have ruled out a soil problem at this point. I am going to layer my soil this next time and use peat plugs to get them going. The misting of the soil is working great so no change there. Fresh air will be part of the focus next time. Although I did have more success with a Pot for pot inside a closet on the 1st grow. All of the Blueberry seeds are from the same shipment.
And I just got the white widow CBD autos for this grow. This morning I saw a little leaf tip burn on the leaves. I guess the fish fertilizer
(0-10-10) I used was a little hot. This is week 9 above ground, and my guess is that we have another month to go. Have a cool day on your garden! Peace…

3 Likes

Sensi seeds northern lights auto is a great one to

5 Likes

Thanks Nicky!! I can’t remember who grows what these days. Thanks for submitting. Peace…

1 Like

Thanks for the tag! Yes I do nothing but autos at the moment. I get my seeds from ilgm and have had good success for the most part. So far the og, gsce, and wedding cake are my picks for night time strains. The bubblegum, haze and gg is good day time smoke. The longer my buds cure for the better they get!

3 Likes

@spyonyou-
Hey I just wanted to reach out to you regarding your melanoma.

That picture is where they took a skin graft from my forearm. I had cancer 37 years ago and the radiation I had (to my face/head) killed everything- bone, tumor, right eye. I developed 2 holes- one on the left side of where my right eye used to be, and one inside my mouth where the very back upper right molar used to be. So the graft covered both of those holes so my sinuses would not be draining down my face and into my mouth from the whole in there. Yes, the skin grafts hurt. They knew that going in and did a nerve block on my arm. The graft the took from my leg (to cover my arm) hurt big time. It has gotten a little better. I hope you heal up from this. I think you will be better in a couple of months. The surgery I had took 10 and a half hours, because they had to drill out all the dead bone in my head. What a ride. You heal up buddy and holler if you need anything. Peace…

8 Likes

Thanks brother! I appreciate your kind words. Glad to know you’re still around to share everything. Time heals all wounds.
Skin cancer has been and always will be a battle for me due to too much sun exposure when I was younger along with my skin type. My problems are small compared to others. Like you, I’m grateful to be able to share what I’ve learned and glad to share whatever and whenever I can.
Good luck to you and yours!
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks spyonyou!!!

2 Likes

@dbrn32-
I understand this is not a light question, but I wanted to ask you something. I have been trying to figure out why my plants are not growing like they should. I have pretty much ruled out soil because I have 2 similar grows with 2 different soil recipes from build a soil. Due to circumstances beyond my control I cannot open the windows to let in fresh air. My question is will a hepa ionic air filter bother my plants (it would be in the room the tent is in but not in the tent)? Thanks and appreciate the love on another post. Peace…

1 Like

Spyonyou
Hey skin cancer ain’t no joke brother. I have had more moles than I can count removed. I got total body radiation 37 years ago, so I have moles everywhere you could have them. You know first hand, people need to get checked by a dermatologist if they have spent time out in the sun. Your family doctor can refer you to one (ha, just said reefer, only spelled different)
Heal up brother. Peace…

2 Likes

Good morning all!!
I hope you all are having a good time in your gardens! Did my morning sweep of the garden and the lil’ ones are chugging right along. I gave the microbes some tea and I hope they feed the girls. I wanted to pass on a tip that someone shared with me about a year ago. I am sorry I can’t remember their name. Ok, before you give your plant any water, liquid nutes, teas, or whatever, take your mister and mist the soul a little. This should keep your soil from creating channels and such so you can water slowly and evenly. And if you have some tight areas you need to water and don’t want it to get on your plants, a turkey baster works great! Here’s the one I picked up at the grocery store:

And the little mop thing comes off for even more precise watering:

Me and my midget girls are gonna keep marching to the finish line! Have a wondermous day out there-
Peace…

7 Likes

The two things that could potentially cause your purifier to have negative effect on plants is ozone and low co2 levels. If your purifier generates ozone i would consider finding an alternative for the sake of you and your plants. My understanding is that some do and some don’t, but I’m not familiar with particulars on any specific model. As far as co2 goes, I think its expected that this style of filter will reduce co2 levels some. How much probably dependent on size of unit, and whether or not it’s enough to stall plants is hard to say.

If you think that is potentially cause for less than stellar plant performance, you could check to see if there are any reports on your model releasing ozone. I think there was some reasonably priced monitors on Amazon that would show co2 levels too. Although not necessarily sure about accuracy or quality.

2 Likes

@dbrn32-
Thank you for getting back to me on that. I saw the like and thought “well at least he liked the question”, lol.
I thought the ozone might be a no no for plants. I am just trying to figure out a way to get some fresh air to the plant’s. Like I said, my plants are not growing like they should and I have ruled out soil. So it’s got to be air related I would guess. My light, thanks to you, is good for the space I have (HLG 135 rspec for a 2’ X 2.5’ X6’ tent). The last grow and this one have produced healthy plants with no issues along the way, except being on the small size. Thanks again for your input. Peace…

1 Like

I have one from Amazon that I believe is reasonably accurate. I’ve moved it around in house and outdoors. It show changes with readings when moved to different locations. Indoors it generally reads between 400 and 500 ppm’s. When I’m in the tent with flaps closed it shoots up to over 800 ppm’s quickly.

2 Likes

Ya, sorry. I seen it at about time to start work for the day. Takes me a little bit to get things moving in the morning.

I think that stuff is probably worth checking on. If things look okay there, it’s always possible that you just had extremely vigorous plants in the past and this time not so much.

1 Like

@dbrn32-
As luck would have it, I was telling my mom I needed an air purifier. She said oh, Howard (her late husband) had a good one. She wasn’t joking. It has a medical grade hepa filter that I have to order. That will solve the air issue (if there is one). Its made by Austin Air. Doesn’t look like there is an ionizer on the unit. Have a good evening. Peace…

3 Likes

Bulldognuts-
Well shut my mouth! Alabama’s medical marijuana bill passed through senate and house. The Governor still has to sign it. It’s pretty messed up, but a step in the right direction. What I mean is it will only allow gummies, lotions and creams. No vaping or smoking. And certainly no growing. The powers didn’t want the medical form to be anything that would attract children to using (HELLO… GUMMIES. DUH).
So there you have it. Gonna be legal, but not for me. My chronic pain will qualify me for a card. So Bulldognuts you win (kinda). Peace…

3 Likes

@Nicky Northern Light is one of my fave smelly ones that I have grown thus far :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Hello out there farmers of that funky weed! Hope you all are having a good day in your garden. Did my morning sweep and got my magnifying glass out to check them over really good. This is the end of week 9 now above ground. They have been in flower for a month or so. I am thinking that it will be the end of May before they are ready. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I will have some pictures for yall tomorrow. Peace…

4 Likes