Partial Harvest? Is this done?

NOOB here. Is it common that some buds ripen faster than others and so you’d do a partial harvest and leave other buds on the plant for additional weeks before harvest. I’m growing my first autoflower GSC in pots, outside. Thanks for the tips. Great forum!

1 Like

It’s not uncommon. People will take all the larger top buds and leave the lower popcorns more time to fatten and mature now that the plant isn’t concerned with colas.

1 Like
1 Like

Like @Budz said. I did that on my last harvest. Chopped the upper 2/3rd and put the lower 1/3 back under the light for a week. Turned larf into good smokable buds :love_you_gesture:

@OGIncognito what does “larf” mean?

1 Like

"Larf,” while a fun word to say, is a slang word that refers to smaller, immature buds that didn’t quite reach their full potential . Usually these buds are wispy or fluffy little flowers found on the lower branches of cannabis plants.

1 Like

Larf is the lower immature buds for a lack of better word. Some calm them pop corn nugs. That’s why it’s important to train and defoliate, this allows light to penetrate those underlying bud sites and air to circulate through. Here is 3 before and after pic, was actually 2 harvest ago.

First harvest pic

2nd pic after 1st harvest and back under the light

After a week back under the light.

2 Likes

Whoa! I wonder if this is viable outside :thinking:

Outside is where growers learned it. Since an impending freeze can ruin a crop and end a season early. Take what’s worth it and hope for the best with the rest, that it’ll still be alive when you come back. This of course was gurilla growers, they can’t exactly be packing out tons of tarps and returning every morning to remove them from their crops. That’s how ya get caught.

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks for the great responses and photos! I still don’t know why they call them “colas”…
Larf is new to my vocab as well.

2 Likes