Panicking right now!

Hey y’all, I’m in a major state of panic right now, as my plants are about 3 weeks into flower, and my 12 hour dark period just started 10 minutes ago, I was in my grow room COMPLETE DARKNESS when the timer switched OFF, and about 25 seconds later for an unknown reason I think maybe the humidifier got bumped, and that triggered the teal LED screen to light up, now it’s not super bright, but not super dim, I had it mostly covered with a piece of cardboard and some tape, but it lot up noticably for about 10 seconds until I could make 8y to the outlet and unplug it, I wasn’t close enough to the power button and to walk over to it would have cost me another 10 seconds of that light, so my panic comes with a couple reasons as I’ve lost 2 already this grow 1 hermed, 1 went full blown male, 1 photo, 1 auto and both strictly due to light stress I believe cuz they both switched the following days after I went through some power surges and had light issues, so is this to worry about? I swear I truly hope not as WE ALL know the time, effort, funds, blood sweat and tears we put into these grows, so please someone tell me some good News, it don’t even have to be good, JUST NOT BAD PLEASE!! :joy::joy:

Don’t sweat it! Your plant will be fine as long as it doesn’t happen regularly

1 Like

Thanks bro, you put my mind at ease, I swear I hate to have to panic that bad, but I’m not rich, and I’ve literally spent thousands buying stuff to grow weed in the last 2 months, I’ve done so much frivolous spending on stuff I thought I’d need, might need, wanted, literally Amazon weed growing supply shopping frenzies, I have double and triples of stuff it’s ridiculous. I say that to say this, I bought that stuff and picked up growing cannabis as a hobby, but also to support my own needs, NOT FOR PROFIT, with that being said, I want the same thing we all want, THE BEST WEED, so when things like this happen, and it has the potential to wash it all up, and have EVERYTHING I’ve done and spent either be in vein or not be very good product, it’s a tough blow, which I’m very well aware of what I was getting into, it would just suck to lose it all as you know, this is only my second grow on my own, so I’m learning along the way, and without you guys and these forums, I wouldn’t be 3 weeks into flower right now, I’ve learned tons from you guys and can’t say enough how much I appreciate it thanks again!!

I feel you on the spending, but as long as you keep growing it will become second nature and you will save far more than your have spent. You will learn more when things go wrong than if they go smoothly so if you keep that in mind when you hit a bump in the road its just a little lost time and a lesson learned

2 Likes

The plants won’t even notice. It’s constant light interruptions that can trigger herms. Although last grow I switch the plants to flower and never adjusted my UV timer. So my UV light was on for an hour every four hours even during the dark hours. None of the plants had an issue with it.

2 Likes

@Kinglouida13th Most growers have gone thru what your experiencing, its learning to grow. This forum has helped me and other growers grow. As for the $$ you have in this hobby join the rest of us. After a few grows you may find yourself with more weed than you ever thought you could grow. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

Homie, you need a smoke break. In reference to ur pain, its the gas of our .Rev. If a few moments of light stresses your girls that hard, you need stronger genes. G’luck. If you’re not a criminal, give thanx.