Panda's Growventures

I used fftrio on part of my first grow. Things started getting out of hand with it for me. That’s one of the ways I ended up with my plants looking the way they did. I decided on coco and jacks 321 for my second grow and so far it has been easier and the results have been great so far. May not stick with Jacks in the long run, probably will, but I for sure won’t be going back to ff trio. I can get the jacks at my local garden shop also.

you do need to have a way to measure jacks by weight. There may be a conversion table out there, I don’t know. I already had a powder scale that could measure in grams so that wasn’t a deal, but if you switch to jacks that may be a consideration if you don’t already have a scale.

1 Like

What reputable weed guy doesn’t have a digital scale to weigh out grams? :laughing::laughing:

But yeah, that was one thing that I was like uhhhhh… I’ve been using liquid ferts so now I gotta figure out dry!?

:laughing:

3 Likes

I think it DOES make my pH weird! Like for real I think using the Fox Farms I’ve had to use a weird amount of pH Up to combat adding the nutes

2 Likes

Ultimate lazy is teaspoons. 3 teaspoons A, 2 teaspoons B, 1.5 teaspoons Epsom salts. It’s not right but I haven’t killed anything yet. That’s my “oh sh!t I ran out of concentrate” dosing.

Otherwise I mix the dry Ounce ratios they list on the back of the bags and make 1 gallon of concentrate to dilute as needed.

1 Like

I hated my FF trio. I’m also growing to dislike my FFOF as gnats reintroduce themselves into my tent every time I transplant a soil plant. :frowning:

1 Like

LOL! yeah, I like to measure in onces and pounds. sounds good anyway don’t it? :rofl: the jacks is easy. just weigh out what the schedule says to weigh out and in the order it says and you’re gonna get what the schedule says you’re gonna get, ppm wise.

3 Likes

I’m also open to any suggestions other than Jack’s as well.

1 Like

I went from the FFOF and treo to the Roots Organic soil and Jack’s 2 grows ago and havent looked back. No issues of any kind and ended with the 2 best grows ever.

2 Likes

@Audiofreak Thanks man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I just know and feel that the FF trio was good enough for my first grow with autos but as I’m learning I think it’s not the best nute source to keep using shrugs

Hey! Life’s too short to have ugly plants. I decided I had too do something different than what I did the first time around. Soil would probably have been fine a second time around starting with jacks but I have been looking around at different grows and decided that for me anyway, coco and jacks looked like the way forward for me. Sure am getting some great results so far into it. 26 days today.

2 Likes

I think the Ff Stuff is real good but you really have to pay attention! I dont think my “skills” are up to the FF but the Jack’s is just to easy to use and with my tap water I dont use any up/down at all, it Ph’s perfect every time.

I’m scared of coco and trying different mediums. Hell, I haven’t even tried to dip my toes into photos yet even

I’ve read repeatedly here that photos are easier than autos.

2 Likes

yeah, i figured i couldn’t have done a whole lot worse other than outright kill 'em. I figured I had nothing to lose so what the hey. just do it. Just a new learning curve. nothing different than the last learning curve.

2 Likes

I’ve read that photo’s are easier also. Certainly more forgiving of mistakes I guess cause you can just keep 'em in veg till they recover.

2 Likes

i had a couple of photo period seeds i planted this time to try my hand at it but the seeds didn’t germinate

1 Like

@Audiofreak Well if they are I expect to absolutely crush a grow if they’re photos :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I’m no big grower for sure I grow 2 fat girls a year in a 2x4 tent and my wife and I have all we can smoke. Just getting to the point where quality is right where I want it. I try to keep it simple and consistant.

1 Like