Pair of AC infinity for 4x4

Thanks for your input brothers and sisters. I’m getting the T6 for now and see how that does with old intake fan or I could use old exhaust fan but it’s loud and I’m hard of hearing so that tells you something :joy: I’ll play with the T6 and other on hand options, but if needed one or two days away. 32db that’s like pc fan noise :grin:

2 Likes

The fan itself is quiet but the air movement can be noisy. Insulated ducts help a little with that.

4 Likes

My 6 inch at the intake side is quite loud on speed 10. The 4 inch is quieter.

1 Like

Just so you know the controller will only control the new ac infinity fan. They have a special plug that goes to the controller. Wont run a regular fan.

1 Like

The plug that goes to the controller is the same, the difference is the DC fans get their power from the controller and the EC fans get their power from a 120v ac outlet.

Here’s the difference between the 2

EC motor

DC motor

3 Likes

Oh I know that :grin: if I add a second AC infinity then I’ll connect then but I’m going to dial in a speed that works for me. Or get another S version 4. We’ll see how it goes.

this is a screenshot of my current temps and r/h.

2 Likes

from description

Yeah that’s an EC motor. I believe all the new ones are. The older ones were DC. The DC fans you couldn’t connect two different size fans to the same controller. The EC’s you can but they’re not compatible with the older DC fans.

1 Like

Cool that confirms that, also instead of constantly sucking wattage with current fan get this guy so it can turn off every so often if I get it dialed in right.

I wouldn’t go smaller than 6". larger fan= more cfm at lower speed and quieter. Thats just my opinion.

now I have a 4"x8" tent and you would think the manufacturer would have put at least 6" duct holes. Nope 4". So i have to go in the top or use a reducer. Now my 4x4 has 8" bottom duct holes. go figure.

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was thinking and why I went with the T6. Really? Man my tent has one maybe 2 4" as I don’t use them. I’ve got 8" ports adjustable down to 4" with a pull. On both sides top and bottom total of four up to 8". Crazy they made a big tent all ported for 4":thinking:

1 Like

yea all the 8" ports are up top. it’s dumb.

1 Like