Pair of AC infinity for 4x4

I was just looking at upgrading my vent fans. I am thinking T6 on exhaust filter and S6 for pulling fresh air. I know some people are using them. I like the tying together both units to one digital controller. Comments please. :grin:

I think it’s a good idea, but may be unnecessary depending on the size of space.

3 Likes

4x4x7 tent…

I have the infinity 6” in the same size. It does great with a single fan.

2 Likes

My intake fan is too slow - my filter fan is at only halfway and tent is sucked in, I wanted to use two to increase air exchange.

You could open more vents?

2 Likes

I’m keeping vents closed if you mean the flaps. Light leaks, so I’m using ducted intake fan as only air in.

2 Likes

Are there more ducts? Or limited access/space to reach it?

1 Like

I’m confused perhaps, I could use other tent ports but want to filter air incoming so I want to push the air in but still maintain negative pressure.

You didn’t mention that, this makes more sense.

So that changes things, just a thought would the 4” satisfy the slightly negative pressures needs?

1 Like

Sorry my bad. So you’re thinking S4 with the T6? The S4 is half the CFM airflow of the T6.

one thing to keep in mind when you connect two Cloudline units with one controller they both operate at one speed. They do not operate independently.

1 Like

Should be able get by with the 4” with negative pressure. Should be about right putting out half.
Maybe I’m over thinking it?

1 Like

You can only do this if they are both EC fans. If one fan is DC you cannot control both on the same controller. But that is the the best setup for keeping negative pressure and keeping a good supply of fresh air. I mean, you can spend more for a 6” and turn it down if you want.

4 Likes

So you think a 4" setup would be fine in the 4x4?

No, I was saying a 4” for intake and 6” for exhaust

2 Likes

If it were me I wouldn’t spend extra money on t6 to do what you are explaining. Imo you would want to run rans independently and without any automation. If they are controlled by same controller anount of duct and filters could have exhaust fan moving less air than intake. That would put you into positive pressure situation. Same could happen running exhaust on control and intake independently. If exhaust shuts off your intake could still be running.

I would just get two s6 models and tweak speed on each until you get best situation possible.

4 Likes

I am using the AC Infinity Cloudline series in my grow i use a 6 inch for exhaust, and a 4 inch for intake. they can both be run of the same controller. as lone as they are the new 24v fans that is.

2 Likes

I’m looking at lowering electricity. I cancelled the S6 and will start by changing my exhaust fan with the T6. So I can have it maintain a limit on temps. I was thinking the pair would use same controller to coordinate fan on/off. At least that’s what I’m getting from reading the description and answered ?'s on amazon.

Yes you can run two fans on the same controller, as long as they are both the new 24 volt models. anything in the last two years at least will work. They can be different size fan like a 4 and a 6 or bigger, they will both run at same speed(can’t run at different speeds). The temp/humid is tricky to get right took quite a few to get them at a good setting. Be st way to run with a controller is to just turn the fa n speed the keep temp/humid at a good level and just let the fan run and manually adjust as needed. The controller need to run the fan longer to drop levels below desired levels and allow the levels to rise a few above before turning on and off on its own. I have had it run to set numbers and start powering down and have the number go back up 1 and the fan will power back up before it completes slowing down.

2 Likes