Does anyone have a good recipe for cannabis pain creams.
Karla and I make a mix of cannabinoid tincture mixed with a dab of Tiger Balm and a base of Blue Emu. The TB makes it smell medicinal and the BE helps it to absorb into the skin.
- 7-10 grams of decarboxylated cannabis (ground or torn to fairy small pieces). If your cannabis is not yet decarbed, see Step 1 in the instructions below.
- 1 ½ cups of coconut oil OR, 1 ½ cups of already-infused cannabis coconut oil (*see notes about using different types of oil below)
- Optional: 5 grams raw cannabis , dried and cured.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup beeswax pastilles (vegan option: replace with the same amount of organic soy wax, candelilla wax, or carnauba wax)
- Optional: Essential oils of choice. I like using this certified organic lavender oil. Tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, lemon, or eucalyptus are also great choices!
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of shea butter or 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil for additional antioxidants and moisture
- A double-boiler, or make-shift double boiler – such as a glass pyrex bowl or stainless steel bowl perched on top of a saucepan with water below
- Cheesecloth (if your cannabis oil is not already made)
- Mixing bowl
- Glass jars or salve tins, for storage
- Recommended: probe thermometer
Makes : Approximately 2 cups (16 ounces) of finished salve
*Notes : If you want to scale this recipe up or down : the general rule of thumb for salve is to use about 1 part of beeswax to 4 or 5 parts oil, including both coconut and olive oil. Since we use virgin coconut oil that is solid at room temperature, we can get away with lesser beeswax and the salve will still set up well. If you use a different carrier oil that is liquid at room temperature, either omit the extra 1/3 cup olive oil mentioned above, or increase the amount of beeswax pastilles to 1/2 cup.
@Caligurl . Thank you, I will try this
My recipe is very similar. I use tapioca powder to get the exact consistency I want at the end just a lil bit if need be
What’s your fave strains to use for this I’d assume body high and indica doms would be preferable, my dad has super bad cramps and this may help
You are correct. I don’t always have that availability, so I just try for a good hybrid of concentrates even if I have to mix them.
Now that we have enough flower shelved we’re ready to make some things and first on the list is pain creme. We just purchased a levo 2 will this work instead of the double boiler you have listed here
Thanks in advance
I actually just copied and pasted that recipe. It’s the one I use but I don’t even use a double boiler… just a regular heavy pan on super low heat and stir constantly
Also, I use a wax made from QWET.
You can see my QWET recipe and the salve recipe with instructions here (the Basic QWET recipe is at the very top of the journal)
Note that I now use The Source Turbo to make my QWET now and it’s so much quicker and is a coded loop recovery system so I can reclaim about 90% of the Everclear… that’s why the recipe in my journal is slightly different from the recipe I posted above.
thanks a lot
Am I missing something ( or just high ) where are the directions?
Click on the words “Concentrates Blog” in the link above not on the words “Magical Salve”