Ozzimotosan's Two Critical Haze and Two Northern Lights X Big Bud Grow Journal 1/25/19

I need help Oz…what r these???

Thripes?? Aphids??
I found about 3 of these little fuc*#rs last night.

1 Like

Mornin ozz. Just had another look at the spots and u are rt. Looks like splash. :+1:
As for trim. I would try the edibles with butter. :thinking:. I haven’t done myself but there’s lots of stuff to read here on it. Lots do it. :v:

Just went to my book @Liljoe. They look a lot like aphids but can’t zoom the book. Says thrips make light abrasions on the leaves if u can check the under side close. May be wrong but …
:v:

1 Like

Ya its hard to tell which one it is, they look similar. I was lookin in bergmans pest book and aphid pic has more of football shape body in pic but he could just b a fat one lol my guys still skinny lol

1 Like

I am goin out soon to check on them and swe what the under side looks like

1 Like

I tried to make a better pic

1 Like

Look like Aphids to me. Got any Ladybugs around? They love 'em.
Look on the Pests category for a easy and faster way to get rid of them.

2 Likes

Ya I was thinkin ladybugs too, will have to go to hydro shop tmor and order some.
Will try find a spray in mean time i guess. Just waitin for my girls to wake up so I can check on them.

2 Likes

You should be able to get them under control easily with the ladybugs. I’d buy extra. When I bought some predatory mites on Amazon, I don’t think any of them were alive.

2 Likes

How would I have gotten these little fellas?
I did buy a bag of pro mix from a different hydro store than i normally deal with. Its winter time here too so they didnt come from outside either. :thinking:

1 Like

Just woke my girls up early to do a quick check, good news is that I couldnt find any critters anywhere. So atleast im not infested.
I am gnna pull them all out later and do a good look. But fingers crossed I caught them in time to deal with them without issues
Thanks for the help @Ozzimotosan1 and @Oldguy

2 Likes

You were about to harvest, right? I bet they got too many trichomes! LOL!
I know you can get Fungus Gnats from potting soil. When ever I get mine, it’s
a little moist. I’m going to dry it out before using now.

2 Likes

What do you use for insulation on that garage? Just curious. This place is like 30 years old. pre-fab. First one I ever lived in. POS. Been rebuilding since I been here. Eight or so years.
How about a pic or two of the Man Cave Bro???

1 Like

Babies lookin good ozz. :+1::v:

1 Like

Actually @Ozzimotosan1 I am on a new run. I have harvested, cured and already running low on smoke lol. Sent some down to my little brother, gave some to a couple buddys too. Turned out AWSOME. GSC was a hit!!
These r new girls

I think it wont b long and my hydro plant will b caught up to the others, and I am using pro mix not soil.
My garage is insulated with yellow batton, plastic and walls r done in 1x8 ruff cut boards from a saw mill close to my house.
Its kinda messey rite now but will take some pics for ya later when I head out there.

2 Likes

Here u are Mr @Ozzimotosan1
Dnt mind the clutter, waiting for spring time for a big clean up lol when I built my grow room I just shuffled everthing to a corner to make room

I am so embarrased at how messy it is lol I dnt usually let my garage get that messy but I prefer tendin to my ladys than clean my garage lol
Oh and here is my tobacco/hotsauce tea I made as per @garrigan62 recipe I found here on forum.

I havnt used it yet. I have only found 1 more of those little critters last night so I am just waitin to see if I find more before I spray

2 Likes

Kinda looks like my garage except mine is so much smaller. LOL. In the process of installing shelving to keep everything off the floor so I can have a better bug free environment for the girls.

1 Like

Well @Ozzimotosan1 and @Oldguy
I was abit bored today and added my 3rd 400watt light today. I am runnin it with a HPS bulb for some red to go with the 2 M/H bulbs. 1200watts for my girls now, plus I put one of my LED lights over the hydro plant.

All lit up now lol
And more good…I mean great news, I am going for a ride later this eveming to pic up at tent with all the trimmings, light, fans, etc
Light is 1000watt M/H - HPS with cool tube
Only 1 run on everything.
So it looks like I will have to clean up my garage abit and re-arrange a few things :thinking:

3 Likes

@Liljoe. That looks great bro. :+1:
Gonna grow big buds now.
And don’t worry bout the garage. Mine is just as bad too. Must be the mech in us.
“ Well. I may have a use for that.” :thinking:
Peace brother. :v:

2 Likes

Hey Bro, I don’t care if the walls are made of mud and straw. Seems to be working for ya.
Sorry if my curiosity went out of bounds Bro.
Let me know how well the hydro does. I watched a show on it, and it is easy-peasy.
It’s just that I just got my mind and mitts around tent growing. Good and solid with a little (LOT) help from my friends.

3 Likes