Ozzimotosan's Two Critical Haze and Two Northern Lights X Big Bud Grow Journal 1/25/19

Well here we go again. The user that posted “smoking weed isn’t as addictive as growing weed” was definitely right. I dropped these four into PH corrected tap water, with a drop of 20% H2O2, warmed on a seedling mat on 1/25/19 at 5:10 PM EDT. It’s 11:19 AM 1/26/19, and they ALL are already cracking. brought the started pots up to pre-warm the soil.
My soil choice is 3 parts Sun Gro, Professional Growing Mix, and 1 part Hoffman’s Organic Sphagnum Peat Moss. Okay, here’s the starter pix! Hope to hear from you guys!
@Liljoe @raustin @Oldguy

Just to explain a few of the pictures: The first few are the seeds going in the cups.
The next few show some GnatNix I salvaged before cleaning out my pots.
One also shows the cool pot bases. They have a drain hole in the center, and a drawer in the
bottom. The last few are the seeds and you can see one cracking clearly. The remainder are just starting to crack.

8 Likes

@Ozzimotosan1. I’m along for the ride my friend. Amazing how quick they pop their lil tails out. :grin: :+1::v:
Tanks for the tag.

2 Likes

I am also set to watching for sure!! Off to a good start :grinning:

2 Likes

Good luck with this one!

2 Likes

Thanks Guys. Hoping it takes off okay. Air temp where they are is 64 F, humidity is 100% (LOL), but I’m sure the mat is helping. The cups felt a bit warm so they should be good.
Already planning the grow after this one. Jamaican Lamb’s Breath, or Lamb’s Bread as it’s
called. One of my fav rarities from my younger days. Only thing better was Thai Stick, and that would be too much work when it’s clean up time! Be sure to tag me on you guys next grow.
And I don’t mind if anyone posts pix of their grows on my journal.
Later Gang. Off to see a Grateful Dead Tribute Band! Got a “brownie” in my pocket for the ride!

5 Likes

Enjoy the concert and the brownie :wink:

2 Likes

Opps! Concert isn’t till 6PM.
Back with questions.
Do you prefer the seed in water till popped and then to wet paper towels, or
Water till the tails are long enough to get them in the dirt?
Last grow I did the latter. Seemed to work fine.

1 Like

Have a blast tonight

3 Likes

Hey Budbrother! Good to hear from you and bring me back a GD memory!

1 Like

I’ve always done paper towel method to start mine. @Ozzimotosan1.
I leave them till the root is about 1/4-1/2 in long then starter pods and dome for couple weeks. :+1::v:
I’ve never tried them in the water first.
:grin:

1 Like

Good time out at the show. PACKED though! My girl thought the place would be dead (LOL),
but the line for brewskis was about a city block. Moved pretty quick. Maybe 15 minutes till some really good Oak Bourbon Barrel Porter. That brownie was pretty damn good too!

4 Likes

OKAY! Update on the latest grow: Two seeds (the Critcal Haze) are in the starter pots, tap root down (1/4"), and watered. The NLXBB had little bitty tap roots, so they went into wet paper towels in a cigar box. This was first thing this morning. Will update later today. Back to work tomorrow. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Alrighty! All four are out of the dirt. Okay, one is still bent over, but I cleared some chunky stuff away, and put my 750W LED light 30 inches up. Since these girls are mostly Indica. I won’t break the chain (@Liljoe) and feed them like I fed the OG Kush. That S##T is BAD ASS!!!
Still finishing the cure, going to try to make some CBD (&THC) soap. My girl is big into that and
asked if I could give her some to try. My response “F— YA GIRL”.
Okay here’s the latest pix. Busy around here too. Oh ya, if anyone knows where I can get some Lambs Breath seeds, I’d be eternally grateful! Otherwise, I going with Jack Herer (sp?)
Well, sorry Gang…I’m getting the “AW SNAP” page every time I try to upload a picture.
Will try again tomorrow.
Stay Dry my Friends, and Green!

3 Likes

Oh well. I guess I am banned from posting pictures!
Not working today either.

Are you double spacing between adding photos? And letting it load all the way before pushing save :v::bear:

1 Like

Doing it the way I always have. Will mess with it some later. Thanks for the tips.

2 Likes

I’m late, but I’m here and watching. Good luck with the grow!

1 Like

I’m set to watching too very interested. Keep on keeping on :v::call_me_hand::+1::sunglasses:

I am friggin getting pissed. I can even access my pix from my phone or SD card at all now!
It says they are empty. WTF???

That is really shitty, good old technology lol.
I finally started flushing my big girls day before yesterday, yes they are still going. Will be 12 weeks tomorrow.

Thats one of the OG kush, I knw pics not the best.

GSC bud

Other OGK

All 3 hanging out
Instead of splitting stems I did the drilling this time since my drill was charged lol and my hands were hurting too much that day to try splitting them.
I also made a new clone bubbler, bigger than last one. I have some of my T99 clones in there now, acouple OGK and acouple more GSC

Also I think I have my hydro system about ready to go, just need to get a timer for water pump.

Pump mounted nicely on a license plate holder from a car lol

Also re-routed water line to manifold thru side instead of lid so it easy to remove lid.
I just about have my 800watt MH/HPS light set up how I want it, time to assemble it now so I can hang it as soon as my 3 girls are done flushing and out of room.

Sorry for the long post :grin: havnt chatting in awhile and wanted to share what I have been upto.
I hope you can get ur pics figured out, looking forward to seeing ur girls. Well stay green my friend, talk to ya later

5 Likes