Ozzimotosan's OG Kush Start Date 09/05/18

Okay, Folks, I’m trying my hand at putting up a grow journal. First grow was December 2015 started on Christmas Day. Pineapple Chunk. Came out really good, but I didn’t let them flower long enough.
Newbie mistake. The second batch was Purple Haze which I am enjoying now. This latest was started on September 5, 2018. So I’m going to post some pictures from the start to today 11/04/18.

So, that’s this grow in a nutshell so far. My first attempt at growing Indica and the broad leaves are something else. I did do some trimming today, so the light could get to more of the plants.
Hope it helps and doesn’t shock them too much. Gave them a nice gentle watering right after.

5 Likes

Good luck on you grow :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nice start. Good luck on the grow. The plants look like they’re off to a great beginning.

1 Like

Anyone have tips on Indica growing, please pass it on to me. I know they need more Nitrogen, and CO2.

I don’t treat them any differently than Sativa plants. Those you have to plan for the 2-3x flowering stretch. I don’t use added co2 in my grows. I keep a window cracked at all times to prevent stale air.

1 Like

Thanks Bro. So are you talking four month flowering period? How early can I start them flowering?

With photos, you can veg as long as you deam necessary. Most schedules alot 4 wks + the seedling stage, so 6-7 wks. That’s all up to you when to flip the switch.

I’ve had a plant in veg for 5 months before flipping it. Even then, I reduced the light hours by 1hr/wk till I hit 13/11, and then left it that way, until the last 3 wks.

1 Like

Wow. That seems like the opposite of how I have been growing. In my first two grows (Pineapple Chunk, then Purple Haze) I waited probably 4 to 5 months before flipping. I realize that is too long.
Planning three months, and then flipping. These babies are growing so good, so resilient, came right back after topping and trimming the growth that was getting little light. This LST, the RAW nutes from Amazon, the whole thing gets easier and easier. Learned so much from you all. Love Abounds!
And it’s my damn BIRTHDAY! I’m 58 today! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Love you all…you are my brothers and sisters in this noble pursuit of painfree happiness!

3 Likes

Happy Bday @Ozzimotosan1

2 Likes

Thanks Man… Stick around if you will. Your good peeps!

2 Likes

It takes me longer because my soil is amended, and I don’t have to use nutes for months. The longer veg time pays off for me in yield.

1 Like

I go with a third good potting soil, a third Pearlite, and a third Spagnum peat moss.
Saw it in US Weed Channel’s Happy Farmers.

Peat moss, you growing outdoors!? :rofl:

1 Like

Ahhh…like nature! Almost.
I’ve been thinning out the tall plants. Almost “lollipopping”. Cut of some potential bud branches, but they were going to be sucking up the nutes from the main branch. The two bushes, I don’t know what to do with.
I tried LST, but as far as thinning, it’s too dense-pack. Thoughts? I’m thinking experimentation
until the bugs come. DUN DUN DUN DA…:hushed:

Got a pic? Veg, early bloom, flowering… my answer all depends.

Kinda… figured I’d make use of the transition time into flowering. Might as well mimic-ish nature :grin:

I sprouted them on 9/5/18. Here’s a pre-trim picture.

Bushes are on the left, tall ones are on the right. Adjusted the Quantum Boards accordingly.
Pretty pumped about this grow, but hoping to do it in six months. As I have three really great seeds I want to start. First grow I did eight Pineapple Chunk. Grew them all to fruition, But too tight.
Four is good for a 4’ X 4".

2 Likes

1 Like

Those need to be pruned to let light in and improve air flow. You’ve got some mighty big light blockers (fan leaves) on them. I see a scrog screen; you could always chose that route as well.

1 Like

Well it may be a tad early, but I was planning to flip end of November. Close enough. My first time growing Indica, and first time flipping at just over barely three months old. The bushy two look like they will put out some nice buds, and the tall ones are looking like they will put out some good sized colas.
Looking forward to putting three more plants in after these girls are done.

3 Likes