Overwhelmed First Time Grower

You’re going to be indoors, but what’s that space like? I’m in the NE too. Seasonal changes are a big challenge. It’s costly to keep up with heat and humidity issues. Some situations limit you to growing only certain months out of the whole year.

After you harvest 8-16 ounces of great flower from this grow, you’re going to save money by not buying again.

5 Likes

In other words, spend more on grow equipment! :wink:

3 Likes

This is a 3x3 x6’ package. I have looked at their lights. Supposed to be good components. Big discount too

light:

if you go to 40x40" tent it is 80" tall

6 Likes

4x4 is a great size to start in. It’s also more expensive to light. The HLG scorpion is extra light, but it would work for a 4x4.
2x4 will work too, but if you have intentions to continue growing, and growing more, 4x4 is a better place to start.
Then you can always get a smaller tent, where the cost of lighting is less.
I would never discourage anyone from planting as many as they need or want. It’s all a learning curve, and as long you start a journal, we are all willing to help you along the way.

This would work also.

These lights will get you from seed to harvest.
Welcome to the community!

6 Likes

They set a $500 budget, and then increased it to $700. That already sounds like a stretch.

2 Likes

That was my first setup, it is not good for more then 1 or two small plants, no room for any other equipment inside tent like humidifier and circulation fans. You should increase your budget by about 300 dollars get a min 3x3 tent and a min 2000 watt equivalent led. The extra money will be for your light, don’t get it from Amazon! Others will say HLG light, I think they are seriously over priced, so I say mars-hydro or spider farmer. Spider farmer is the most like HLG. Where ever you go look for Samsung LM301-B diodes. The ac infinity fans are awesome! Go for the t-series fans the controller is very nice and helps you to automate the environment, its worth the money.

1 Like

Just don’t get the full kit. Not sure how their wires and Inventronics driver can be justified for $165. Just get a meanwell and your own wiring. Save $100.

Vs

4 Likes

@LIJOE hey bud, Im 4 weeks into my 1st grow. I got a mars hydro kit 4x4 tent with a ts 2000 light, 5 5gal fabric pots, 6 inch fan with carbon filter. For like 600. Not sure why people say don’t get a kit. I have 6 autos going. Definitely alot of work but extremely fun and relaxing for me. Good luck on ur journey!!

6 Likes

I don’t have any experience with any of the things provided in kits, but I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the fans included in them. AC Infinity is almost assuredly more quiet, push more air, and will last you longer. I just went down this road with my light. I got a Spider Farmer SF1000, was unhappy with the results, went with an HLG light (they get the top bin LEDs, while the lower bin LEDs go to companies like Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro) and will never look back.

Just to be clear, if a kit is all you can afford, then go for it. Some bud is better than no bud. But this is one of those cases where you don’t know what your missing until you’ve had better. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Wow, great info here! Thanks for posting, seriously was about to post almost the exact same thing. Planning my grow for Sept. so still researching, but my space is limited to 2x4. It is a bit overwhelming but this helped break it down so much! greatful to have found this post!

:beetle:

7 Likes

@Alexa glad we can all help! As you can see, you will always get people recommending different ways of doing things, ultimately it’s up to you to figure out what would work best for you.

3 Likes

Welcome @LIJOE and thanks for the tag @JaneQP

Being in Australia, we don’t get the awesome variety of kits and products you guys do for so cheap so I’m going to skip that part except to say, buy the absolute best you can afford. Because if you buy the cheap rubbish they often offer in some of those kits, you’ll have to upgrade anyway and that initial purchase money is wasted - I’ve done this once or twice lol!

I started with exactly the same Auto seed kit as you plus I added in White Widow Auto as well and growing one of each strain was super rewarding to learn on. I’ve since added a couple more strains as well.

I’ll tag you over on my journal which covers me from my very beginning right through to now. Have a great day!

5 Likes

@HMGRWN what do the grove bags look like. I wanna get some to try but what im seeing looks like plastic sacks they put weed in at dispensaries and how much do the bags hold per bag

2 Likes

These are the 1 ounce grove bags. I haven’t used them yet but I’ve heard good things.

5 Likes

Hmm just put the buds in dried or right off the tree

1 Like

They are a type of plastic bag. Their website is kinda crazy to navigate but I found some simple all black 1/2 oz size zip-lok. I ordered 25 for about $25.00 including shipping.
The ones that are upfront and easy to find are like 1/8 oz size with cartoons on them or “windows” or they are for 55gal drum or huge totes…
I searched the build a bundle or whatever then clicked on something like more info on the 1/2oz bags then ordered from there and deleted the “bundle” which has an added charge somehow. Was the only way I was able to find the ones I wanted (plain, black, 1/2oz).

3 Likes

Dry 'em first then these for the cure.
I am pulling some out after 6 weeks in the bags and they are fresh and pungent.

3 Likes

I just bought a few of them to try out too. They come in sizes for a gram to 100 pounds I believe. They’re supposed to cure your weed without having to burp it at all. You just dry it down under 70% bag it up and throw it in a cool dark place. It sounds to good to be true which normally means that it is but I got a handful of them for under 20 bucks to my door. I’ve thrown away more than 20 bucks on worst shit

5 Likes

I always wanted the 4x4 but unless I had a budget of 1500 to 2000 I would recommend something more within that budget , because to properly set a 2x4 still 700 I don’t think is enough , you can alway build off your 2x4 just buy another of the same light and a new tent and set , this is my advise due to being a small budget grower as well , making mistakes can set you back for a while due to the money @LIJOE but he’s right the goal should be a 4x4 that’s my goal too but until I have the money

2 Likes

Thank you to you and all. I have doubled my budget. Going with a 4x4 for sure now as well as the AC Infinity Cloudline 6 fan, the lighting I am thinking about HLG 600 RSPEC but not sure if thats the right one for the 4x4?

6 Likes