Overwater and possible light issues

I could use a little bit of help I think I may have over watered this guy made the mistake of planning them in miracle grow soil now he’s in Fox farm soil and had my 640 w LED light up too high. Am I missing something or am I on the right track

3 Likes

Let the medium dry out for a few days then water to liberal run off and start checking that for PH and PPMs. The FFOF will feed them for roughly 6 weeks and testing the run off will let you know when to feed and where your medium PH is :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

@OGIncognito has you covered. Just a suggestion pot might dry out better without the rocks. Happy growing ! :v:

3 Likes

Looking back on it now I should just planted it a little bit deeper and then use dirt to hold the stem up but when I was transplanting it there wasn’t much stem underground and it tipped over on me so I just threw some rocks in there but like I said looking back at it I probably should have just buried a little deeper and put some more dirt in it. I appreciate you guys thank you. Is that what you guys think’s wrong with my plant over water and maybe some lights too close.

3 Likes

I don’t think the light is a problem , you can get a small 6" fan create a little air flow Enough to make her jiggle will help strengthen the stem.

3 Likes

Yes on the overwatering, how close and the intensity level is your light :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I have a 640w phlizon fd-6000. It was at 45 percent and 2ft above canopy. I since have backed it down to 20 percent. Ordered quantum sensor that will be here today. I plan on a 100-300 par range for the seedlings and 400-600 par for vegging. Is this appropriate and when do I take the seedlings and move them to the other grow room set up for vegging

1 Like

And I appreciate the suggestion on the rocks I’ll get rid of them tonight when I get home

1 Like

Good lighting numbers and plan :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you. I’m still on clear on when to go from seedling to vegging. Is there a set number of weeks or is there something I need to look for in the plants that’ll tell me okay add more light. And from what I gather I shouldn’t run my nutrients until my runoff of my soil is under control. What type of number am I looking for for PPM on this runoff to know that I can start adding nutrients when I feed

2 Likes

In my opinion you’re past seedlings stage I’d move on to your plan for veg. At this stage you don’t need the water to run off , Fox farm soil will carry plant 5 or 6 weeks without feeding. Good luck

2 Likes

I got 4 more that I just planted after the tap root was showing. They haven’t broke soil yet. Those are the ones I was wondering about.

1 Like

After about 14 days above ground I transplant from seeding cap to final home and consider my veg stage started. That’s just me some growers will up pot 2 or 3 times. :v::+1:

3 Likes