Overly dried weed

I overdried the bud, I mean if you touch to rough it turns to dust. is it over or is there still a chance to cure

No expert here so really don’t have the correct answer but… I’d try putting it in a jar and place a damp paper towel or so.ething in there to try and rehydrate it. Nothing to lose would be my thought. Maybe some others can help. @Hellraiser @Oldguy @beardless @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts

If you have plants currently growing go snag a big fan leaf off of one of them throw it in the jar with your over dried buds and it should rehydrate pretty quickly that’s what I do orange peels and things like that could cause mold

5 Likes

I’m going to let the other people that @Bow4Buck tagged give some advice on this. I would interested in knowing how long has your buds been drying for. Also the larger of the buds are they dry all the way through, with no moisture left at all.

1 Like

I don’t think you can really restore the integrity of the plant matter. But adding stems, not leaves, is my preferred method of increasing moisture content during a cure.

7 Likes

Definitely won’t be getting those lost terps back your weed may end up smelling like hay will still get ya stoned tho mate but rehydrating it will stop it from turning into a powder… I highly suggest getting those little hygrometers when your in the drying process makes thing much easier… I ruined my first dry and cure this harvest I picked up 10 pack of those meters and things went very smoothly this for around!

You can add a boveda pack in a sealed jar for some
hope that it will rehydrate. Sounds pretty dry though.

3 Likes

All of the above are viable options to restore some moisture. I have heard people also using apple slices, even some fresh bread.

1 Like

Sorry to inform you that bud will not recover. Adding a Boveda packa will help rehydrate but not fully. It will still smoke and you should get a high. I have seen this with cigars that dried out. They never fully recover and they lose taste aka stuff you can identify. Like with Arturo Fuente Opus X. They traditionally have a raspberry hints. But dried out and they lose it. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

3 Likes

Love Opus X, one of my favorite cigars.

2 Likes

I have hung out with Carlito and he gave me his personal Opus X. Cool dude.:+1:

2 Likes

@Hellraiser Blunt a maximus is my fav cigar.

1 Like

a piece of peeled potato if you have no leaf from another plant will kinda rehydrate the pot.

It was longer than a week, but the room got really hot and I didn’t catch it in time. the last crop took for ever to dry but I had it in a different spot

Great cigar until you get halfway through it; then it tends to smell like an old shoe burning lol.

Puros Indios Pyramid, Partagas No 1, or my favorite: Padron Millenium (I did the humidifier for that cigar line)

1 Like

Fuentes short stories all the way.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 I have hung out with Avo, Jorge, Litto, Carlito, and many, many, others in the Cigar Industry. Got a bunch if boxes signed by them.

Rocky Patel I have toured his entire operation. Stayed at his Villa in Honduras. I smoked in 4 days around 50 cigars.

I actually talked to Carlito when I was in Russia. I told my friend I don’t care that he is surrounded at the Cigar Event. Tell him you have the Fatman, in Russia, that wanted to thank him for such wonderful cigars. He said he would sit down and have a cigar with me. The next year he went back to the Cigar Event. He did sit down and smoke part if a cigar with me and a few friends.

If you do a search…Mr Peat stole Carlito Secret Stash and you will see part of my story a buddy wrote on Cigar Pass.

1 Like

You will still be able to smoke it once it gets some humidity back in. Don’t rush it and allow the humidity as much as it can. :+1:

I think you should follow some of the suggestions made boveda packs would probably be your best option. If buds are completely dry all of the way to the middle there’s not much you can do

1 Like

I found these things by raw rolling papers it’s a little terracotta stone that you soak in water for 5 minutes and throw it in to your over dried bud and it brings the moisture back.

https://www.amazon.com/RAW-Hydrostone-Natural-Terracotta-Humidifying/dp/B00HFZE6G2

2 Likes