Overly anxious first time grower

That’s a great time to buy them @shungitewhap :wink::v::bear:

2 Likes

I ordered the ILGM beginner mix pack now. Autos. Hopefully with them I will figure out what I’m screwing up!

2 Likes

Ya I don’t get it , I’m 6 for 6 with ILGM seeds…that’s peculiar… you’ve gotten tails to sprout after a 24-48 hr soak? I saw you had the lil guy going. I’m sure you’ve spoken with support and maybe even gotten reimbursement for any that haven’t opened up after a week or so of soak. They are pretty good about that. Man so sorry to hear all the aggravation.:thinking:

4 Likes

Don’t give up however you have to run a really good security parameters if the plants are in the presence of other house plants. It’s a big world out here. I used to try forever to sprout seeds around other plants. It doesn’t work too well. For some reason the most minute pest will find your sprout. Isolation is key. Good luck.

2 Likes

I need some good lights for my 8 ft tent what would you recommend? I bought four LED lights and they were junk, bought four more LED lights 1000 watt and no sure about those either. Im new to all of this my first grow was a bomb due to repeated stress on the autos. They are not that forgiving! Im now drying 15 plants with very small buds!

Start a new thread or tag me in your journal and I’d be happy to help. Just don’t want to clog this one up.

No I haven’t talked to support yet. Is there a phone number or just the forum here? I haven’t called for reimbursement or anything because I have first been trying to figure out if it was me doing something. Its ok its a learning curve. I have purchased more seeds and think I will leave them in the water much longer usually they only crack and don’t stick out. I think I will leave them until they grow a decent amount. I will reach out to support if these last new ones work just the same.

I won’t give up! I soak them in a jar upstairs far away from any plant and in a glass jar that is covered. I also move them downstairs later into their own grow tent away from other plants. I will have to double check and make sure I am not doing anything which could contaminate it. Thats some great advice thanks!

I have also been having issues. My first set of 5 Northern Lights Auto I had one spout that is growing nicely. The second got stuck in the husk and seemed to die in there. The other three did not germinate. My second set of 5 Blueberry Auto’s, I had 2 that opened up, no visible signs of the sprout yet in peat pots. The other 2 (One got accidentally dropped into the garbage disposal), are still sitting in water, waiting. Support replaced the problem seeds.

From what everyone here is saying, these seeds are usually germinating 100%, so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Like you, I refuse to give up!

1 Like

When I started, I started germinating with bag seed. Weed seeds are particular to environment. Whether in water, soaking paper towel or soil; they are funny about area. I had to “find a good spot” to germinate seeds successfully. So far I’ve successfully sprouted in cup & paper towel. The location believe it or not has always been behind TV set. Once they get pretty sturdy with root (about an hour after noticing root) I transfer to pot. 1/4 inch depth critical. Roots spread and grow very fast once in medium so don’t bother.

I keep them on top of the hot water heater…

Water heater, that sounds like it might be too hot for them, and you might be poaching them in their shells. My home theater even provides more warmth than they can take. I have to fold a hand towel up and place them on top to reduce temp into the sweet spot.

I will test a bit with warmth. going to have to really think about that.

@shungitewhap sorry to hear about your issues. I had the same fears but so far so good for me. Check out the first post in my grow journal to see what i did. I am a noob too but things are progressing well for me (fingers crossed). I didn’t use ILGM seeds as I had already ordered before I found this awesome site but my first attempt got 6 for 6. I’m sure I’ll screw something up…gimme time :grinning: . FYI mine are all photos not autos, not sure if that matters.

Peace

Actually I ripped the top of one of my sons old little insulated cloth cooler bags and they sit in that…like so… I’m 6 for 6 that way . Uh oh there goes the jinx @Budbrother

That makes a lot more sense now.

Working on Germinating that other 4, now have 2 more popping :slight_smile:

I germed my last seed in 20 hrs my method was 4 hrs in cup of water on a light in grow room temp of water approx 25 degrees Celsius. Then onto a paper towel soaked with water from the cup on a glass plate placed on the light. I had to re wet paper towel after 8 hrs at 20 hrs I placed seed with 3/4 inch tap root into a peat pocket to sprout roots and give it a more stable platform for transplanting 4 days later it went into pot

2 Likes

It’s always best to do all that while standing on 1 leg and hopping in a clockwise direction during the full moon Guaranteed 100% germination that way. OR ya could just stick a seed in dirt and wait 5 days.

1 Like

Nah i find borrowing the wifes hot pink string bikini and blaring Brittney spears while performing a strip tease on YouTube works better

4 Likes