Overdried buds before curing

I just finished drying my colas and buds, but may have gotten a little too dry. I did add some orange peel for a few hours and it did moisten the buds, but my question is now did I ruin the curing process by overdrying the buds in the first place? And do I still burp jars or is it a waste of time due to overdying.
prt420

@prt420,

I’ve found that carrot slices work best (change every couple days), as they don’t effect the smell or taste.

If they’re too dry, you very well could have effected the final smoke. Sorry man.

Finish trim, and jar them up, asap. It will be touch and go with burping, as it’s hard to tell without being there with you.

Basically what you’re doing is re-hydrating. You want to go slow.

In my experience its hard to over dry the buds. I am confident you still have a great product. I have hung mine for several months and they cured very nicely. They still needed to cure though. Because they need to be put into a low oxygen atmosphere where a bacterial interaction takes place.
The good thing is you might not have to burp as much and there is less danger of mold issues and it will take less time. Cure em they way they are, you will be happy. In my opinion the best smoke comes after the buds have cured for about 6 months. And often the buds don’t have the best taste for the first one to two months after the curing process starts. This is because the chlorophyll is still present.

This also depends on RH of your room where you dry and how long they’ve been there.

Moisture is essential for the curing process, it is both your friend and enemy. If too much moisture is left in the buds, with out the regular mixing, venting and turning of buds involved with curing, molds and bacteria can quickly form and ruin the taste and potency of your bud. On the other hand, without the necessary moisture metabolic processes essential to curing do not take place.