Over 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside

Quick question today where I am located it’s going to be over a hundred degrees Fahrenheit without humanity is there any steps I should be taking to protect my plants from the heat I’ve blocked around the planter boxes just to give them some shade to hopefully cool to soil a bit and I got a little water around the edges any checks should I move the plants out of the Sun or should I just leave them me because they get direct sunlight from sunrise to sundown please let me know thank you very much

1 Like

They should be okay if they have plenty of water. But if they do look unhappy, you can always just put them in the shade for a while. Or throw some type of shade cloth over them if you can’t move them.

3 Likes

Ok great thank you I have blocked around the planter seem to look happy right now but see once it hits around 12ish 1o-clock

1 Like

It’s been in the mid 90’s for a couple weeks in my area. My plants go a week in between waterings sometimes because I can’t go check on them everyday and they do fine.

2 Likes

Yea been around the same here had a good down pour on Tuesday I believe but other then that it’s been hot. This is my first grow and I wasn’t too sure how they handled the heat like this.thank for the info appreciate it very much. I have one plant in a 18 gal planter so it definitely hold enough water in the mix I can move if needed have one in a 3 gal or so pot one in the ground. All three seem pretty content today so far so

1 Like

You’re plants look great. As long as you don’t see any wilting or leaves “tacoing” (folding in half) they’ll be golden.

1 Like

This is one of my girls. This was taken yesterday at about 95°F and hadn’t rained in almost 2 weeks but they all looked great.

3 Likes

Thank you I been being really particular with them because it was my first time so the slightest thing is kind of put me on edge but you saying that they look great makes me feel a lot better. Yours looks awesome, I have one that I put in the ground recently that wasn’t doing too well in a pot looks healthy is all hell but it’s just not growing so I threw it in the ground and let it go and see what happens,but for two weeks with no water that’s awesome and I’m guessing less work for yourself which is always a good thing to. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it have yourself a good one I’ll post some more pictures once it comes time to harvest see how everything turns out.thanks again

2 Likes

Are they photoperiod or autos? Do you know the strain?

All three are clones the two are from the same mother plant so I’m guessing that means they’re auto…I am not 100 present sure still leaning both clones are a hybrid the small on in the picture my other clone that I mentioned wasn’t not doing to good so I put in the ground to let nature take it’s course, the one in the blue is indaic also a clone

If the mother plant was an auto, the clones will be as well. Cloning autos isn’t typically the route to go since they have an internal clock that tells them when to flower instead of relying on hours of darkness like photos, so the clones usually don’t get very big or produce much. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t appear that the bigger 2 are autos.

1 Like