Outside Grow Possibly Ruined

Caterpillars bro. I’m in New York and I’ve lost 2 plants in my history of outdoor growing to those sons o bitches. Need parasitic wasps to kill them.

3 Likes

Im sorry, serenade Prime, the botanical one, Same?

by the way this is just an idea…

Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, in fungus growth test,

a has a tiny puff of mold, as does c jus on the hole, but pretty clear.

I have no idea what any of this stuff smells like, and it is pretty much pure bacteria, but id research it if I was in high mold areas,

BTW the dilution rates are like 2.5grams per litre

It smells like vomit and manure. Spraying it indoors will make you regret it instantly.

You’re correct…,they must have laid eggs because you can see them dangling from a thin strand of silk. I can’t believe they got to all 5.
image image image image image image image

ive just got some hydro edge (should be the right bacteria) , I just opened it to see and zero smell,

does hydroguard smell bad?

so maybe in the bayer stuff they put other stuff in.

and its 2.5mls to the litre

I think its worth a try. jjust do a couple with just it……… whats the worse that can happen? you loose a couple, plant a couple extra and choose the smallest ones……. go on…do it…:smiley:

and the study done with the cucumbers was done by a university with straight bacillus amyloliquefaciens, which is the bacteria in hydroguard, that we use already… so they must have some safety stuff in place who knows what bayer does…

here is a study of bacillus amyloliquefaciens in brown mold on stone fruit,

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316142563_Biocontrol_products_based_on_Bacillus_amyloliquefaciens_CPA-8_using_fluid-bed_spray-drying_process_to_control_postharvest_brown_rot_in_stone_fruit.

I don’t know how interested anyone is on these studies but anyhow…

there are more if your interested, my thoughts are if it seems to work so effectively against molds all over the place, why not bud rot…

I would %100 try it but I just cant see me being at risk any time soon…

my outside growing environment…:grinning:

Good Greenhouse filled with plants and oscillator ventilators. That’s worked for me. Every year I fight bud rot, but this year I’m allmost loose nothing to bud rot. But when chiller weather came then wpm get my last two plants.

Can anyone recommend a strain that’s more bud rot resistant? I lost a bunch of mine this year to that. It sucks!!!