Outgrowing my grow area

I have a black widow feminized plant that is currently a little over 30 in tall. I’m in week five of veg state. I jus fimmed it abt 4 days ago that part is good. Someone told me it would double in size when I go 12/12 I have abt 6ft from bucket to ceiling. Do I need to switch to 12/12 now or is there something else I can do?

2 Likes

You can lst and supercrop to keep it from growing too high. Maybe even grow in a Scrog. You’ll have to start soon, since your light probably needs 10"-1’ and you’ll need space between it and the plants.

2 Likes

Thanks I’m gonna check into supercropping and scroging.

2 Likes

I use the SCROG technique and it limits the height to a manageable level that I can control. Yields are good too; i’ve done 12 oz of bud from one plant in a 22" X 36" screen.

7 Likes

I’m a big fan of using a scrog.

1 Like

Gonna build one today thanks :call_me_hand::v:

Would it be a bad idea to change to my hps :bulb: now with three weeks til 12/12

If you are at 30" and a short ceiling…better start 12/12 and what ever you decide to do LST or
SCROG. SOON

3 Likes

I think I’m going to 12/12 tomorrow and I think I’m going with lst. Im scared my plant is too tall for scroging.

what do y’all think ¿?¿

2 Likes

That’s great for flowering, believe me she will double in size when u flip it. Try to maximize buds by doing the lst now and if you’re going to want more than 1 cola try for a reverse cone shape.

3 Likes

I would bend the top over to one side to control height and open up the lower shoots to the light and increase your yield and decrease the amount of larf buds you end up with :v:

7 Likes

@MattyBear is 100% correct… bend the top over slowly each day , until the top of the plant hits the dirt and throw her into flower now… :wink:
You will only have 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to manipulate her… after that you will be screwed… plant will harden off and you won’t be able to manipulate her any more… :wink:

Good luck… keep us posted… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I will and thank y’all

1 Like

I can’t believe the difference in the light spectrum from mh to hps it’s crazy

3 Likes

Yep, insane. Plants seem to love it though.

1 Like

This is my first attempt. did I do it halfway rite. It’s crazy there almost like stretch Armstrong lol

3 Likes

Do I need to trim the little growth close to the bottom, or trim around the bud sites, or jus let it grow?

1 Like

Every day just tighten that string and bend her over a lil more each day… but yes you are on the right track… :wink:
Don’t cut anything off of her just yet… wait till 2 1/2 weeks after light flip and post a pic and we will figure it out from there… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: I will do and u will probably be hearing from me before then lol

1 Like