Outdoors in NW FL

Looking for best methods,practice for outdoor(guerilla) grow advice for NW FL
Done well back home in NH but outdoors here is a whole different level.
Best time to plant? Rain and humidity issues? All advice is welcome. Thanks,peace.

2 Likes

@Tenga I believe is a Florida grower lol. She don’t come here much anymore but I’m sure she will get the notification and come running lol.

2 Likes

Central Florida for me, just looking into an outdoor grow for the first time (had an indoor grow 25 years ago in Arizona). I’m wondering the same. I think maybe the auto flower varieties and starting them in February to be done before it gets really, extra, super hot and humid?

2 Likes

Ok,I will try to help on this one. I was stationed at Ft Walton Beach at one point in my life. Lived off Miracle strip Pkwy near the beach. It got colder than you think. I remember Army Rangers training dead from cold temperatures at night. But it also got hot in the spring. Yes humidity is a factor-maybe not as bad as Houston - but formidable. I would plant in containers raised off the ground-pallets or something similar. The rain is a factor. Flooding is a problem. It rained year round from what I recall. And good,hard downpour. Not sissy misting like some rainforest. :rofl: I’m so baked I have no idea what I meant. Critters-well don’t underestimate them. I spent time at the Army 6th outside Eglin and saw firsthand the snakes,gators,etc.

People laugh when I told them I had a crush on a girl from Niceville.
Panama city in the summer…lordy.
I spent way too much time in Crestview.
But riding my motorcycle alongside the white sand beach-niiiiiiice :+1:

SL out.

1 Like

Hi Mahky! Ty for the tag, @Mark0427!

I am in zone 9b, sub-tropics, almost zone 10. I do the veg cycle in doors, and flower outside, year-round. It’s on my property, not guerrilla. You are up in the panhandle, so ur cold weather, # of freezing nights, will be a lil worse. And u have more of a chance to see snow stick. So my grow environment is diff than yours, so pls take that into consideration.

I’ve never had a guerilla grow, and idk who on this forum has. @kaptain3d MC?? Do u know anyone to tag?

Ok, just in general, bugs and too much water in the rainy season will be ur biggest challenges, besides being discovered. If it were me, I would spray the plants weekly as a preventative. In veg, I would rotate things like Neem oil, insecticidal soap, Dr. Zymes, Azamax, Spinosad, etc. And also top dress to fight off pests, diatomaceous earth, insect frass, mosquito bits, and neem-karinja. Also, make sure u give them silica to toughen up the stems and leaves. (more resistant to bugs chewing.)

Oh, u might have a deer problem too?? Idk how to avoid that. Wire cages will make the plant noticeable, obviously!

Even tho heavy rain and high humidity are concerns, I think u probably need to make best use of that time of year ( June to November) because if it’s too dry, idk how u can hike in enuf water! Probably do not mulch, or it gets moldy.

I hope this helps. Good luck with ur grow and. . . . WTF!! (welcome to Florida, haha)

2 Likes

Maybe guys like @oldguygettingbackin @Oldguy @mote??

3 Likes

@kaptain3d Fraid I’m no good on Florida weather for planting times brother.
:v:

2 Likes

I thought you may have had advice for the guerrilla side… :thinking:

It’s all good Pappy :+1:

2 Likes

Best time to plant seeds directly in the ground is May 20 in Northern Florida. Try White Widiow,Northern lights or Skittlez

when should I fertilize seedlings once they sprout. I am in south Florida