Outdoor vs. Indoor grow

My wife planted a Blueberry Auto out side and looks nothing like one we

in a tent inside. She was planted on 6/3/2020 in Happy Frog and watered with PH water. the first pic is the one inside the second one is the one is outside She wants to know about the spacing between the leaves if that’s normal. Any help is appreciated.

They tend to grow differently outside. Same strain (blueberry autos) inside and out

1 Like

Without much information I will assume the plant you have Indoor is under 18 hours of light a day. The plant outside is not getting that much light so it is stretching in between nodes more then the indoor plant.If you want that outdoor plant to get more bushy at this point if it were me I would top it.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital; Thank you she thought she germinated the wrong seed LOL we have both Blueberry and Northern light. She likes the taste of BB.

@Happilyretired; She is a Auto everyone says not to top Auto just Fim. Thank you for your reply.

Ok… There is a alternative. It won’t slow down the stretch but it is the best way that I know and that I have seen to open up a auto flower plant without stress. I don’t like posting pictures on other peoples threads but you understand what I’m talking about much easier.
Take a thin stake, fiberglass rod , bamboo pole, whatever you got shove it in the ground a few inches from the base of your plant at a 45° angle pointing north. Pull your plant over and tie it to the stake. Every couple of days when the top starts pointing up pull it back down by the stake. I do this until it starts throwing pistols then I let the flowers build and as soon as it’s not growing in length anymore I release it . Here’s before and after pictures

There’s a lot of information here this is just the way I did it for autos

3 Likes

@Happilyretired TY you for the info i will do this today

If you can turn your light down a little bit or raise it a little bit higher on your indoor plant it’ll start stretching a little bit more and you can do the same thing in there if you would like…

1 Like

Here is a kicker. I grow under a 12/12 start to finish.My indoors plants you would swear I was growing out doors.

I have 2 Autos going. One was short and fat in a 5 gallon bucket filled half way with FFOF.

My other Auto is growing extremely wide and it is growing upwards finally. Its in brand new FFOF soil in a 15 gallon fabric pot.

1 Like

If you can post a few current pictures I would certainly like to see how your plants are doing …:slightly_smiling_face:

@Happilyretired is a pic i took today she is doing great. Thank you for your help

1 Like

She looks real good…If your big leaves at the top start covering up your lower buds try to tuck them underneath. you want to make sure you get light on all your bud sites if you have to take a string or a stick and pull the branches apart … If all else fails pluck a couple of leaves off… And on a sidenote caterpillars have been very bad this year keep an eye out you might wanna get yourself a small amount of organic pesticide and have it on hand or just take the precaution and give them a spray once a week…
On another note put a new picture every once in a while give me a shout

Thank for the advice i will keep an eye out for caterpillars. I will tuck the leaves under and i will send pic’s :grinning: :grinning:

Is that marigolds I C…:face_with_monocle:… Looks like we got some natural pest control going there marigolds are a great pest/insect repellent…:thinking:… Do we have a smart organic grower hiding in plain sight here… I think maybe so…:call_me_hand:
That’s a beautiful picture you got there everything is green love it…
My favorite color.:herb:

3 Likes

My wife say’s thank you it was her idea to plant the Marigolds.

1 Like

@Happilyretired here is a pic of the plant you helped me with she is 5 weeks old. Have some water burn on some leaves where water splashed on them and from rain.

Wow flowering already… How long have these plants been in the ground so far… Are all your autoflower plants at the same stage of growth right now? That last one I was showing you is a full week Into stretch now … It started to stretch about day 81… after I harvested the other six plants that I planted at the same time And I think it’s going to be the biggest plant that I got out of a 30 seed order.
I have to say that plant of yours looks very healthy ,whatever you’re doing looks good so far…:+1:

1 Like

She is 5 weeks in the ground. My other Blueberry who was grown in a tent inside i harvested last week at 12 weeks got almost 4oz off of her.Thank you.

1 Like

@Happilyretired; Update on my out door grow. I want to thank you for your help and advice on my grow. Unfortunately I had to chop it due to being in the hospital last month (ticker) and 90+ temps and high humidity and no one to water her. Maybe next year i’ll try again. For now i’ll stick to indoor growing.

1 Like

I hope you’re doing well and your future is bright .sorry to hear about the hospital stent, Don’t be a stranger…

1 Like