Outdoor to Indoor with a 3 to 4 week old plant

I just brought an outdoor plant about 3 weeks indoors with HD 600 grow light, 18 on and 6 off. I found the large seed under my bed and stuck in medium and have been pruning lately. Need to accelerate to establish sex and produce some buds.

1 Like

And post some pics :sunglasses:

Actually. Depending on your location and season. You may sex sooner outside. It is going into fall here. So the hours are naturally shortening. Oost a photo so we can see how big she is. And a good way to ‘test’ sex is to clone a branch. Then 12/12 it alone. So if she is big enough you can snip a clone. And after she roots put it outside to sex naturally. While allowing the majority of the plant to continue vegging under 18/6 inside

Thanks for the input, It is still pretty hot here but the days are definitely getting shorter. I have not kept a very good record so I am not sure of its age either. This is my first time indoors, though I had a beautiful Northern Lights way back and the next year the little worms ate all my buds. Frustrated I took a break, being illegal back then.

Inside my 3x3 grow room with 100 percent grow and 60 percent flower, going by manufactory suggestion for my 600W LED full spectrum. I defiantly will keep an eye on grow and rush it back outside.

I’m not positive, but that might be backwards. The plants need more light during flowering, rather than less, no? I’d leave it on full power all the time.

1 Like

True. You would rather be running her full strength. Also i think i missd somewhere on the original. @jack1 Do you just want to sex then reveg? Or are you ready to full on flower her if possible? Sorry for the misunderstanding

I am in need of more growth, so not ready to start the 12 and 12 at 100 percent grow and budding. I think she needs some pruning before the budding. Yes or No?

External Media

elheffe702
Regular

August 13

alt Jack1:
100 percent grow and 60 percent flower

I’m not positive, but that might be backwards. The plants need more light during flowering, rather than less, no? I’d leave it on full power all the time.

I would run my lights 100%, all the time, as close to the canopy as they can be without burning the plants. More light will help them grow. I don’t see any pruning necessary now, unless you want to top or FIM her to get more branching.

I am not quite ready to flower unless that is when sex is first known? Then should I run both 100 percent 12 and 12?

I have around 8 plants at different stages. The largest one in the picture the sex is not yet known. I did some more trimming today, even bent four long stems. Outside all day then Into the grow room for most of the night, trying to achieve my 18-6 for now. Cannot run 100% because of other smaller plants.

The 100% shouldnt be too much of a problem. Actually should help them as long as it isnt too close. How old are the girls? And not sure if it was mentiond or ur cloning skills. But if you can root a clone. And flower it. It will show sex