Outdoor temps dropping and dewey

Where I live in New England the weather is getting weird this time of year. The last few days the temps at night have been getting into the 50’s and leaves a lot of dew. I am concerned that the cold temps and dew will eventually lead to rot. I am in the homestretch and dont want things to go sour so close to the finish. Should I rig up a tarp or something? Next week is supposed to be in the 80’s again but, in NE the weather changes quickly. Maybe post around the plant to take on and off.

In northern Vermont here. Had a pretty good frost here last night. Dew and bud rot are always a concern growing outdoor. I set up a make shift green house to cover my plants. I’ll make it more permanent for next season.

I cover with clear plastic in the evening and uncover in the morning. Seems to be working out well. I’ll be adding a fan the keep the air flow moving.

7 Likes

You have got the right idea be creative whatever you need to do to finish the race.

3 Likes

That looks great Shindig! I’ll have to do something similar I’m in Central CT.

1 Like

Nice setup!

3 Likes

Had the hoop house already. I used it for my chickens. No more chickens so reusing a different way. Didn’t cost me anything because it was given to me.

3 Likes

Hey I think it’s a great idea.

1 Like

I’m on the North east coast of Massachusetts and I have mine in a greenhouse to comply with the law incredible results

1 Like

I built a roof over my girls. Also added a fan to keep air moving.

4 Likes